Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BAMi
Channel Surfer

Bluetooth Headphones not auto connecting with Roku

I asked the same question last week but no reply from anyone.

I have 2 bluetooth headphones connected to my Roku Streambar - the same make but different models.  One connects automatically no problems at all, the other has to be connected manually every single time. 

It's driving me bonkers, because I have to stop what I'm watching and exit the app, go to Settings and connect the headphones, then go back to what I'm watching and sit through 3 minutes of sodding adverts that I've just watched all over again because I've exited the app!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bluetooth Headphones not auto connecting with Roku

Hi @BAMi

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

The confusion over using your Bluetooth headphone with your Roku Streambar  is something we absolutely can assist to clear up.

In most situations, when your Bluetooth headphones are powered on they will automatically try to connect to the most recent device. If auto-detect is turned off or your headphones do not automatically connect, you will need to manually connect your headphones when you want to use private listening. However, you can change auto-detect in the Settings menu on your Roku streaming device.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Wireless headphones
  5. Select your headphones
  6. Toggle Auto-detect

Learn more here: How to use Bluetooth headphones for private listening on your Roku streaming device

We hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Thanks,

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BAMi
Channel Surfer

Auto connect is already toggled on.  

I did say that my Streambar is auto connecting to one set of headphones, but not the other.  It wouldn't auto connect to any headphones if auto connect were toggled off.

Both headphones are the same make.  Why does my Streambar auto connect to one set of headphones but not the other?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi! @BAMi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

With some Roku devices, you can connect a smartphone, tablet, or computer via Bluetooth, a wireless communication technology that allows devices to exchange data over short distances (typically less than 30 feet). When a Bluetooth device is connected and playing audio, the Bluetooth channel on your compatible Roku device launches automatically and you can begin listening to music, podcasts, or other audio streamed from apps installed on your Bluetooth device.

This article outlines the steps for first pairing, and then connecting your smartphone, tablet, or computer, and provides details about streaming Bluetooth audio to your Roku device. It does assume that you have already set up your Roku device. If you have not, refer to the instructions in the next section.

• Note: If you are not using a compatible Roku device, you will not be able to connect a Bluetooth device or stream audio with the Bluetooth channel.

You can pair a Bluetooth-enabled device to the Roku TV Wireless Speakers. Please take a look at the below support article for instructions.

https://support.roku.com/article/360011612733-how-do-i-connect-a-bluetooth-device-to-my-roku-tv-and-... 

For additional troubleshooting steps, please check out this article: How to resolve issues connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku device?
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BAMi
Channel Surfer

This is the second reply from someone who hasn't read my post. You're using a stock response which doesn't address my issue. It's unhelpful. 

I know what bluetooth is.  One set of headphone is auto connecting fine.  However, the other set is not and has to be manually connected every time I use them.  They are both the same brand but different models.  How do I get the second pair of headphones to auto connect.