Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Popoki1234
Reel Rookie

Bluetooth Capability to send to wireless headset

Jump to solution

Is there anyway to have Bluetooth capability to use a wireless headset instead of plugging into the remote. I would imagine adding a Bluetooth driver to the Roku box itself and not even connect to the remove this saving on the batteries for one.  The roku box is already powered. thought of connecting a bluetooth sender directly to older plasma TV but wonder about latency issues.  My goal is to not deal with wires. I was able to connect wirelessly via the app on my Iphone but don't want to use the phone this way as it drains the battery. If Roku came out with Bluetooth capability from the box or speaker system i would buy this. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Popoki1234
Reel Rookie

Re: Bluetooth Capability to send to wireless headset

Jump to solution

Thanks! Yes I am now using my Iphone and use bluetooth and use the Roku app. No latency issue and I can walk around the whole house and still have good connection. I just plug the Iphone to the charger and leave on. They say it does not hurt the battery. So far this is a good solution. Cheers!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

No straightforward way without additional audio Bluetooth hardware and extra wiring.

Latency might be an issue if roku hardware "broadcast" Bluetooth for earbuds etc.  App and voice remote pro uses WiFi direct standard where latency is more controllable.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The Roku app, available for Android and iOS devices, provides for remote listening on a phone or tablet connected to the same local network as the Roku.  You can then listen on the phone/tablet's speaker, or through earphones connected to the phone/tablet directly or via bluetooth.

I find my Lenovo tablet works well with no noticeable latency, but latency is more noticeable via my Samsung S9+. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Popoki1234
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response. Yes I have the app on my phone now. Was wishing this capability would come with the Roku box as it always will have power when in use.  My phone is good for a couple hours. I guess I can attach phone to power cord and use my blue tooth earphones. Just don't want to hurt out my phone. I hate having to deal with wires tangling up with me. Again thanks for your reply! Cheers!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The recently-introduced Roku Voice Remote Pro is a point-anywhere remote that can be used with Roku TVs and all but the very oldest Roke devices.

It is rechargeable rather than using AA or AAA batteries, and includes an earphone jack for remote listening.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Popoki1234
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! I saw that. I'm just surprised ROKU won't go with installing bluetooth in their Roku boxes for wireless headsets. I have resolve myself to just use my Iphone and keep it on the charger to use it's bluetooth and sync the Roku app. Then I use the remote to change channels. Been using rechargeable batteries for the remote for several years. No more wires. Again Mahalo for responding!

0 Kudos
Popoki1234
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! Yes I am now using my Iphone and use bluetooth and use the Roku app. No latency issue and I can walk around the whole house and still have good connection. I just plug the Iphone to the charger and leave on. They say it does not hurt the battery. So far this is a good solution. Cheers!

0 Kudos