Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ldillow
Reel Rookie

Bandwidth Saver Off Not Working

I’m still having this problem. I’ve restarted the Roku, updated it and everything I’ve been told to do. Can anyone help?

3930X-Roku Express

Version 11.5.0 Build 4312-AE (updated 4/13)

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Bandwidth Saver Off Not Working

Hi @Ldillow

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're here to help. We'd like to know more about the issue you are running into related to Bandwidth Saver. Could you walk us through your situation and what went wrong? The steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Have you already taken a step to resolve the issue? 

Please share more additional details, so we can best assist you.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Ldillow
Reel Rookie

No matter what Roku App I’m using, after 4-5 hours, it goes back to the Roku Homescdeen. Today both YouTube and Hulu did it. And yes I have the Premium YouTune so it’s not that app.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello @Ldillow

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We suggest confirming if the Bandwidth saver is disabled and then restarting your Roku device. Once done kindly observe if you still see the issue occur, in some cases restarting the Roku device resolves the issue. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Note: Some streaming channels employ their own mechanism to cease data usage after a specific period of inactivity. These features will not be affected when you disable Bandwidth Saver.

You can see more here: How to use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over your internet data cap

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Ldillow
Reel Rookie

As I said, I did all of that this morning and it still ceased to work on both Hulu and YouTube.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Ldillow 

Thanks for following up. To clarify aside from the mentioned channels, does disabling the Bandwidth Saver feature work on other channels that automatically halt streaming after four hours of inactivity?

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Ldillow
Reel Rookie

I tried it last night with Netflix and it did the same thing.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Ldillow 

Thanks for reaching back to us. We'd be more than happy to report this further to the support team to look closely. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
mberg75

I have 6 Rokus of various models.  As of latest updates all of them are ignoring the bandsaver off setting.  Typical return to home screen time is around 20 minutes.  Very annoying.  I'd like to get all my Rokus refunded and get alternative devices.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@mberg75, 20 minutes sounds like the "power saving" setting located under Settings->System->Power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos