Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teetee45

Re: Audio guide won't turn off

It worked just like you said thanks!

0 Kudos
huskerks

Audio guide will not turn off on cable TV (I don,t use any apps on this tv), I have done complete resets, partial resets I do NOT have "Audio track" option, only one english setting available. It is driving me nuts. Just started happening Roku TV has been hooked up for at least 5 years???

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@huskerks, "Audio guide" is now called "Screen reader" because that's what it does.  It reads any text displayed on Roku menus and other UI components and speaks in a robotic voice.  If you're saying you have a cable box connected to your TV and you're hearing a voice describing the action or reading text on the screen then it's not associated with "Screen reader".  Look for a setting in your cable box.

If I've misunderstood what's happening then give us more details about what your setup is, what exactly is happening, and when it's happening.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NoraDiam

Re: Audio guide/descriptive audio won't turn off

This helped so much. 

0 Kudos
Thraag
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem, the accessibility function for audio decription is off but i get an (unpleasant) voice description of everything i do including repeating that the function is off, it is very annoying, I have tried all the recommended "cures" including pressing the * four times which does nothing at all and turning the power off to the screen, I think the only thing left to do is a factory default reset which means i have to go through the setup menu AGAIN and reconnect all the streaming services and redo menu icons,

0 Kudos
rms77
Reel Rookie

Go to settings - screen reader- select off.

0 Kudos
Thraag
Reel Rookie

BEFORE answering a post it would be better if you actually read it, As stated I have tried ALL the recommended menu instructions including pressing the * 4 times, And as stated the only step i have not taken is a factory reset which would entail reinstalled all my streaming services and resetting all my input icons which i am loathe to do

0 Kudos
Mariux23

Yesss! Omg it was so simple thank you!! I don’t know there was more than one English track 😂🙌

0 Kudos