Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Aquatic Life Removed (again)?

Jump to solution

Just noticed Aquatic Life has been removed from my ROKU Ultra, but it still appears on my ROKU 4... what gives?

Also, I can't find it when searching the "Streaming Channels."

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Aquatic Life Removed (again)?

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

Please be aware that on certain devices, the Aquatic Life channel tile on the Home screen has been removed, but is still available through Settings > Theme > Screensavers.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Williamt100

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channels, Themes, or Screensavers can be removed at any time for a variety of different reasons. At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In other cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions. We take reports of piracy or any other unlawful activity very seriously.

For more information, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device? | Roku

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Just logged in to my ROKU account, and it shows the channel in the "store" AND that it is installed.  

It appears on my ROKU TV and my ROKU 4, but not on my ROKU Ultra (all of which are updated to OS 11.5)

BTW, ROKU is the developer of this channel, so I'm confused as to what happened.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Williamt100

Thanks for reaching out.

The Aquatic Life is no longer available on the Roku platform.

At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In other cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions or is no longer supported. For more information, we recommend that you reach out to the channel developer directly.

The Roku Channel Store offers thousands of channels with a wide variety of content. To find similar content, you can look through the selection of featured, recommended, or top free channels; or browse channels available in various categories.
For additional information, please view this FAQ from our Customer Help Center: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku® streaming device? | Roku.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Strange, my Ultra 4800 still has it installed and working. Even after a manual update refresh. But if Roku has licensed the functionality of that SS and the license has expired, I could see it being removed. I know the last time it was removed for technical reasons, but it's been working fine on mine for a very long time. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes, it IS strange.  It still appears (and works) on my ROKU 4, and my ROKU TV, but not on my 4661 Ultra.

Also, as I mentioned in my previous post, when I log into my ROKU account, it appears using the search function, and it also indicates that it is installed.

I did the usual restarting, updating, etc., etc., on the 4661, but no joy.  It doesn't appear on my home screen.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same for me William.  I can't choose it like an app on my Ultra, but I 'can' select it as my screensaver and have it implement after a period of inactivity.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I just checked my Premiere, and I didn't have it set as the screensaver. But I was able to select and apply it as my current screensaver, and the preview function loaded it correctly. 

Dan

0 Kudos
FINZ2RIGHT
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That generic explanation does not explain why the Aquatic Life channel was removed. This is not a third party channel. This is a Roku developed channel. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Just because Roku developed it doesn't mean that whatever tech they licensed to make  it hasn't expired. I have no idea if that is what happened. I've checked several of my Roku players, and they still have the channel. I'm wondering if there were more than one version of the screensaver, and perhaps that's what expired. 

EDIT: I just checked the online channel store, and Aquatic Life is still listed as available and installed on my devices. 

Dan

0 Kudos