Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blueberry3

Antenna won’t pickup any local channels

Helpppp! I have a Roku stick plus. A few months ago I was able to scan and pick up local channels with an antenna. I changed to Locast until they went belly up. So I’m back to an antenna. I’ve purchased 4 different types, pretty decent ones and cannot pick up even one channel now. Could it have anything to do with the Roku stick? Be my hero and help me figure this out, please. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Antenna won’t pickup any local channels

The stick doesn't have anything to do with your TV reception, but it's easy enough to test - just remove the stick and then scan for channels.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Antenna won’t pickup any local channels

@Blueberry3 

There are several Websites that offer guidance on the type of antenna you need. https://www.antennaweb.org/ is one of the better ones, but not the only good one. Others may recommend other Websites.

Note the RF channel, which may not match the channel number you are accustomed for that station. That's the true broadcast channel. 2-6 are VHF Low, 7-23 are VHF High, and 14+ are UHF. Many antennae you buy today are UHF only. Also, distance and terrain can interfere. I manage two family setups in my town, about 2 miles apart. The one closer to the antennae can't pick anything up because of the terrain. The other works fine with a large antenna (40+ miles to towers). All of mine are coded Blue or Violet in AntennaWeb.org, so an indoor won't do for me. Distance or terrain/building/trees/etc may be an issue for you.

Note the distance to the various towers in your search, as well as direction. The color coding RCA has a good mobile phone app that helps you orient an outdoor antenna. 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos