Features, settings & updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rocketman69
Level 7

Re: AirPlay 2 has arrived... sort of

Jump to solution

I noticed this morning that my new Ultra 4800x has been updated to 9.4.1, but I still see nothing in the various system menus about Airplay. I saw a picture of the Settings menu from a Redit post that shows an item called "Apple AirPlay and HomeKit" just above the "legal notices" item.

The Roku does not show up in any of my Apple device. I made sure they were all on the same network.

Is there some secret password I have to enter? I've tried restarting the Ultra, but that didn't change anything.

Any more info on how to get this to work?

0 Kudos
Paulsmalls
Level 8

Jump to solution

It seems it’s just a waiting game at this point. Roll out seems to be staggered. So we will get it according to the supported models they released. We just don’t know when. This is a weird way to do it though. They should have a roll out schedule internally. Maybe they could share the target timelines to ease their customer support inquiries?

0 Kudos
Drake718
Level 8

Jump to solution

The only way I knew AirPlay was there was I saw it on an iOS device as a player. I then forced an update on the other roku I have and looked for them. Only 1 of the other 4 (all ultras) also could be seen on AirPlay. Oddly the newest 2020 Ultra (4800X) does not have it yet.

My 2019 Ultra (4670RW) does and is at 9.4.0 build 4183-46.

My 4660X also has AirPlay and is at the same 9.4.0 build 4183-86

0 Kudos
Lparsons21
Level 9

Jump to solution

This has got to be the dumbest way to do a feature update!  Every other manufacturer would ensure that the latest version of their gear has the latest features.  For some odd reason, Roku doesn’t seem to do things that way!

At least i got the Atmos audio from Netflix for my hundred dollar bill!

0 Kudos
Haoj1006
Level 7

Jump to solution

AirPlay is now on my 3810X

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I do wish Roku would list the models that will support AirPlay 2. As of this moment, of all my devices only the Ultra 4670 is appearing in my Airplay list on my phone. And nothing appeared in the Roku settings menu on it until I connected to it the first time. After that the AirPlay settings menu appeared. So don't go looking for the menu setting first. See if it shows up on your iOS device as a destination first. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
nate79dawg
Level 8

Jump to solution

This link was posted on page 5 of the comments here, has a list of all the devices that will support airplay 2

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@nate79dawg wrote:

This link was posted on page 5 of the comments here, has a list of all the devices that will support airplay 2

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

It's either inaccurate or they haven't rolled it out to all the listed devices yet. I have a 7000 series TV, a 4640 and 4670 Ultra and a Premiere 3920. The TV, 3920 and 4640 are in the beta group, so I have advance versions on those. Only the 4670 has Air Play enabled. All of my beta devices should have it, but none of them do. Only the 4670 has it. I have tested it on that one, and it works fine. No idea what's going on with the others. I'll have to post that in the beta discussion.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
motelseti35
Level 7

Finally got AirPlay on Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku Streaming Stick+ (model 3810X) and have been eagerly awaiting AirPlay. This afternoon I manually checked for updates on one and it was added. A few hours later the other had done so automatically. Just FYI in case anybody else is waiting for this.

0 Kudos
wood1208
Level 8

Jump to solution

First thing first. Thanks to Roku for posting an article regarding support of AirPlay 2 with the list of devices that will support Apple's AirPlay 2. For many having AirPlay feature is important carrying Roku's one or many devices in house or in process of deciding which Streaming device/s from (Roku,Amazon,Chrome,AppleTV,etc) to buy. Also, Roku should update under their device's "compatibility" section to add AirPlay 2 along with Alexa,GA,etc. Listing every feature is important in a fiercely competitive Streaming devices market.