Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Airplay doesn’t work after new tv update

Hi, @ralphtapia

Welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we appreciate you for providing a Tracker ID relating to the issue you've experienced. We'll need to gather more details regarding this. Could you please provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • When did you first experience the issue?
  • Troubleshooting steps performed.
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

With more details, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bootsified

I'm having the same issue. When I try to AirPlay my YouTube app to my Roku TV, it hangs with a loading spinner, then eventually errors out. My phone just says, "Something went wrong". 

I've updated and restarted my TV, and restarted my phone, but I can't get it to work. The AirPlay app on my TV says that it's connected to my phone, and my phone shows that it's connected to the TV. 

Here are all the details of my setup:

Roku TV Info

TCL Model: 65S455

Hardware ID: G139X

Serial Number: X01200588SRC

Software Version: 12.5.5 - build 4174-CG

Device ID: S0JVH3188SRC

AirPlay App Info

AirPlay Version: 3.5.0.244

App Version: 52.127.0

App Engine: 14.1.0 (roku4-21R66):apple

Streaming Engine: 2.510.3

iPhone Info

Model: iPhone 14 Pro

iOS Version: 17.2.1

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @bootsified,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I just wanted to say thank you for the efforts you've done in resolving this case.

We'll make sure to update them about this information you have provided, and flag you back for any announcement on how things going.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Td50
Channel Surfer

Hello

Same exact issues as previously mentioned, no Airplay for 65” tv:

Model - 65r635

Hardware- A11x

Serial- x00300lld19n

Software- 12.5.5. Build 4174-88

0 Kudos
bobtheskutter
Channel Surfer

Workaround (stupid that I have to do this, but it seems to work)

I have my 50” TCL Roku Tv model G135X hardwired. In order to make screen mirroring work, I need to:

1) reset my network connection the the same wi-fi as my phone (never had to do this before. As long as it was on the same 192.168.1.X it always worked)

2) start screen mirroring from my phone

3) go to Settings —> Network —> Check Connection

This usually kicks things in the behind and gets it going.  As I said, it’s stupid, and I shouldn’t have to jump through these hoops, but its been working for me. 

Give it a try, and post a reply if this works for you, too. 

Roku Tv Model G135X

serial # X01200EWRPDJ

Software Version 12.5.5 build 4174-CH

Issue ID  DJ-053-320

AirPlay Version 3.5.0.244

App Version 52.127.0

App Engine 14.1.0 (roku4-21R66):apple

Streaming Engine 2.510.2

iPhone SE iOS 17.3

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Td50!

We appreciate you for letting us know about this and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We'd be more than happy to look closely at being unable to utilize the AirPlay on your TCL Roku TV.

We are aware of this existing issue and we'd like to gather more information from you so we can assess your concern better.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to try and resolve this issue? 
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Your iPhone's model and IOS version.

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to coordinate this with our relevant team for review and correction. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Td50
Channel Surfer

hello,

per your request issue report tracker:

Model - 65r635

Hardware- A11x

Serial- x00300lld19n

Software- 12.5.5. Build 4174-88

GC version 10.7.26

timestamp: 2024-02-07T19:52:37Z

issue ID 9N-054-472

iOS 17.3

iphone 12

Mger3ll/a

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

This is appreciated, @Td50.

We're grateful that you've provided us with the complete requested details needed for our investigation. 

Rest assured that we will forward this to our relevant team for review. Once we've been notified of updates, we will make sure to let the Community know. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we work on this.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than happy to continue doing so.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Murple99
Reel Rookie

My turn to pile on for the same issue.  After the update to the TV platform, none of my Roku TVs will support AirPlay.  My Roku sticks that have NOT been updated support AirPlay from any iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc.  I haven't had the time to care until the latest round of complaints from the wife about it not working, so now I care.  

This thread is quickly approaching 12 months of the exact same issue and complaint it was started with.  If it's not an AI bot replying to every comment with the same "thanks and we care, send us blah details" then you guys are either complacent, kicking the can down road because you're aware of the issue and have an agenda, or you straight up don't care.  Perfectly fine if it's the latter, just remove the functionality from the TV platforms and be done with it or dedicate some devs to fixing it and be done with it.

/rantover

Long time listener, first time caller.
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Murple99,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We apologize for the inconvenience, and this is not what we aim for. We understand you're having a problem with AirPlay since it was not working on your Roku TVs after the update. We'd love to investigate this issue further and gather more details so that our appropriate Roku team will be able to investigate it further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • May we know what the current iOS version of your iPhone is?
  • Could you provide us with the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos