Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndrew555

Airplay Video Freezes on Roku TV

This has been happening to me too. I have a MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) on macOS Monterey (12.6) with the Apple M1 chip. If I Airplay using my iPhone instead of my Mac, however, I do not have an issue with the streaming. Here is my Roku information:

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial number: YH00HX490734 (21307H490734)

Software version: 11.5.0 • build 4216-50

Timestamp: 2022-10-17T03:02:10Z

Issue ID: 34-416-342

Please let me know if there is a solution to this, as it seems like this issue has been going on for many months now and I would like to use the Airplay feature as intended. Thank you.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
LeeBee

Re: Airplay Video Freezes on Roku TV

I read the many posts about how to solve this problem, but am not seeing any solution.  This very problem has persisted for me for at least 6 months now.  

Please please Roku folks, fix this problem.

Roku with sound bar model 9102X

MacBook Air 2021

Using HDMI cable 

Thanks,

LB

0 Kudos
Alwaysannoyed
Reel Rookie

i've gotten on the phone with customer support and pleaded with them for a solution, referring them to this very thread and the complete lack on inaction. they clearly don't care. just no interest in helping their customers. trash.

0 Kudos
bitcloudrzr
Reel Rookie

There is no way customer support will be able to help anyone in this situation until their software development team finds the cause of the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue you are experiencing, but will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID) or after restarting the Roku device after the issue has occurred
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur. were you previously able to use Airplay on your Roku device

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
macaares
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. When I airplay from my MacBook to my Roku, the image will freeze after a few seconds. Audio will play just fine, but the image is completely frozen. This happens every time I try to airplay. 

I've tried restarting both my MacBook and my Roku; "forgetting" and re-connecting the two devices; disconnecting and reconnecting the wifi. All to no avail.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
macOS Monterey, version 12.4

Model C152GB Roku TV

Serial Number: X00800F4J4CG

Device ID: S082H004J4CG

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-CS

Id CG-466-397 

0 Kudos
joeschm0e
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R Many of us have provided the information you have asked for. This issue was first reported back in May and Roku continues to do nothing and provide no updates. All I see is someone replying in this thread every couple weeks to ask for diagnostic info again. We have provided this information months ago. This issue is easily replicated for me.

My old Intel Macbook Pro running MacOS 11, and my Iphone 13 Pro running iOS 16 can airplay fine. My newer Macbook Pro 14 M1 Pro running MacOS 12 freezes after a second or 2 with sound continuing to work. MacOS 12 / Monterey seems to be the problem. You should be able to test this internally to see the issue.

0 Kudos
macaares
Reel Rookie

Still waiting for a response....

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@ndrew555 @macaares

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
macaares
Reel Rookie

Danny, your automatic response is not good enough, when can I expect a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos