Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Airplay Issue - Roku device not showing up on iOS device

Hi Community users, 

If you are experiencing Airplay related issues in which the Roku device is not showing up on your iOS device, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-when did you start seeing this issue occur
-any relevant screenshots that will help us understand what you are experiencing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
salimbencosme
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Airplay not working on device

Hi Danny R.

1- Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?, What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Here is the issue with Airplay:

First of all, My TCL Roku TV, my iPhone 11 pro max and My Macbook pro 2019 are in the same network (same Wi-Fi).

Everything with the Ariplay ware working fine until my TCL Roku TV updated to Roku 10.5 . After that, my apple devices could not connect any more to my Roku TV.

I tried the workaround:

"On your Roku device home screen, go to Settings>System>Power>System Restart>Restart. After it finishes, (the TV will turn TV off, then on again and take 30 seconds or so to get back to the home screen) proceed as follows.

From the home screen on the Roku device go to Settings>Apple Airplay and HomeKit and select. It will reload the Airplay app (it took about 20 seconds on my Roku TV). Now turn on Apple Airplay (it is defaulted off with the reset). Now, when you go back to your apple device, the Roku device should show up as a screen mirroring or Airplay choice."

It didn't work for me. I tried it many times without success.

2-What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Can you provide screenshots of what you are seeing? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Here is My TCL Ruku TV specifications:

Then, after navigate to Settings, there it is the Apple Airplay and HomeKit option:

IMG-1291.jpg

Once, I clicked in that option:

IMG-1292.jpg

There I clicked in the setup option:

IMG-1293.jpg 

After that, I used my iPhone to read the QR code:

qrcode.png    

It's read it and then:

qrcode1.png   

And then:

qrcode2.png

And after that, I select the "My Home" option and then it get like 3 mins in this screen (trying to connect to the TV):

qrcode4.png

Then It changed the message to:

qrcode5.png

And then after two minutes showing that message, then present the final message "Accessory not found"

qrcode6.png

That's the problem.

Please help me with this, because I really need the Airplay feature working back as before.

Any further information you need from me, just let me know.

Regards,

Salim Bencosme

0 Kudos
Latim63

Re: Airplay Issue - Roku device not showing up on iOS device

Hi Danny. 
I’m having the same issue as Salim. Have tried several times, maybe dozens of times. Here is the info you requested:

3939X Roku Express

X00400KJNJJF

S008314JNJJF

attempting to connect to an iPhone XR on iOS 15.2.1When attempting via HotspotWhen attempting via Hotspot

When attempting via HotspotWhen attempting via Hotspot

When attempting via wifiWhen attempting via wifi

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Latim63 @salimbencosme 

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
salimbencosme
Channel Surfer

Thanks Danny.

I will be waiting for the response.

regards.

0 Kudos
laurac1

Are there any solutions for this posted anywhere? This just started happening recently and Roku seems to not provide any answers at all.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@laurac1  Please read Danny’s post 

0 Kudos
laurac1

I understand, but I will be reporting the exact same things everyone else is reporting. I will have to do this on 6 TVs in the house (either Roku TVs or with Roku sticks in them). We even replaced the Roku sticks we had to try to fix the issue. My question is simply asking if anyone has actually had the question answered or if this is 'being reported' after a moderator gathers all of our personal information?

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@laurac1  Not everyone has the same model number and Roku firmware version. They are trying to build a data base of which Roku devices are effected and which firmware versions 

0 Kudos
laurac1

Understood. I have spent hours on this already trying to stream things and use airplay and figure out what the issue is by searching the internet for solutions. Unfortunately, I won't have time to go through and find the firmware on all of the things anytime soon. Sorry! Just wanted to see if anyone is able to get any help from anyone on this issue that seems to be widespread.