Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddAndMargo
Streaming Star

4200x Crashing a lot on YouTube and Paramount

Hi All,

Roku: 4200X - Roku 3, Software Version: 12.5.0 build 417504

My roku crashes a lot on YouTube and Paramount.  Other channels seems stable.

Is it time for a new box?  I have read reviews that Roku's quality have got really bad now-a-days.  And I like my old box.  Maybe it is just bad programming on the these two channels?

Your thoughts?

Many thanks,  -T

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 4200x Crashing a lot on YouTube and Paramount

I wonder if the Roku 3 just can't keep up with the bloat of channels/apps like Youtube not to mention the bloat of the Roku software updates.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's the next one to appear on the "legacy" device list.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: 4200x Crashing a lot on YouTubve and Paramount

Thanks for the post, @ToddAndMargo!

We appreciate your feedback about this update and we'd like to take a closer look into this and flag the right team about it.

Could you please share us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ToddAndMargo
Streaming Star

Re: 4200x Crashing a lot on YouTube and Paramount

Just signed up for Hallmark Movies.  It too crashes, but you can work around it by moving through the menus really slowly.  What for things to settle before pressing another button.

0 Kudos