Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lym06

$169 Roku on Amazon

Jump to solution

Amazon is selling the “Newest Ultra” for $169. There really wasn’t any good explanation of how the $169 differed from the $99 model. Does anybody in the Roku community know the answer/s? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: $169 Roku on Amazon

Jump to solution

I only took a quick glance, but here are my guesses: The listing is shipped and sold by "iPuzzle Online". If you look around Amazon, you can find many independent vendors using Amazon.com to sell items at above MSRP.  Especially during the pandemic, it seems to have become quite "normal" for these vendors to buy out a manufacturer's stock and then list the item themselves for much more.  For example, before the pandemic, the average name-brand webcam sold for about half of its MSRP.  During the first 6 months of the pandemic, it was common to find them from other sellers at twice the MSRP.

And I just noticed that one of the reviews said it is no different than the $89 one.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I only took a quick glance, but here are my guesses: The listing is shipped and sold by "iPuzzle Online". If you look around Amazon, you can find many independent vendors using Amazon.com to sell items at above MSRP.  Especially during the pandemic, it seems to have become quite "normal" for these vendors to buy out a manufacturer's stock and then list the item themselves for much more.  For example, before the pandemic, the average name-brand webcam sold for about half of its MSRP.  During the first 6 months of the pandemic, it was common to find them from other sellers at twice the MSRP.

And I just noticed that one of the reviews said it is no different than the $89 one.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

A couple of years ago Jeff Bezos claimed third party sellers accounted for 53% of the sales on amazon, as he put it their kicking our butts. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos