Hammerhead1
Reel Rookie

streambar speakers sound blown

I purchased several of the streambars when i replaced my massive directv system, for the most part we LOVE ROKU but three of the streambars developed what i would call the sound of blown speakers. We are not rockers nor do we listen to any programing extra loud. I may have thrown the first two out but when the third started sounding blown i found this forum. Is there a way to reset or replace the speakers inside the units? one  of my serial numbers is 2a10c1239163     thank you!

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: streambar speakers sound blown

Hi @Hammerhead1

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
XHANOS
Reel Rookie

Roku streambar sounds busted / muffled

I cant hear anything but mumbles on my Roku Streambar please help! ive tried resetting it adjusting the settings but cant hear anything but bass sounds muffled like someone is too close to a microphone

model 9102rw- roku streambar

serial number yl006p089404

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU STREAMBAR SOUNDS BUSTED / MUFFLED

Hi @XHANOS,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
peace123
Reel Rookie

We are having the same issue.   We do not listen to the roku streambar at a high volumn but it certainly sounds like a blown speaker when the sound on the program as  strong bass in it.   

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @peace123,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue? Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device.

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
peace123
Reel Rookie

The issue occurs on all channels   The serial number is YLOOA3152004.    I have gone into the audio settings and changed to all three options and nothing helped.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @peace123,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your details and concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Livers
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku streambar sounds busted / muffled

I am having the same issues, did you get a resolution??

thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku streambar sounds busted / muffled

Hi @Livers 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? Please also reply here with the serial number of your Roku Streambar. This can be found in the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About

We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos