Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: streambar experiencing audio/bass distortion and crackling problem

@JRobinson,

We apologize for the delay in responding to you and for the delay in providing you with our solutions.

We are currently investigating this matter and have no new information. In order to help you further, I also PM'd you.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
innagadadavida
Channel Surfer

As of earlier today, Roku implemented another update, 12.5.5. I haven't heard a crack, nor a pop, yet, since. I'll keep my ears open and keep y'all posted whether it's good news or bad, for my system,anyway.  

0 Kudos
innagadadavida
Channel Surfer

Since my last post here, I can honestly say that Roku has found & fixed the problem with the snap, crackling & popping. At least as far as my system's concerned. I hope everybody else has had their issues fixed as well.

0 Kudos
Brandonros
Reel Rookie

Hi,

Ive also been experiencing the same crackling/blown speaker sound on my Roku Streambar and it doesn’t update to 12.5.5. Here’s my info:

Model: 9102RW

Serial: YL00GH066171

Software: 12.5.0 build 4178-95

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Brandonros

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this, and welcome to the Roku community!

We will incorporate this data into the ongoing case for additional examination. We'll make sure to update this page as soon as further information becomes available.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brandonros
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey thank you for the response.  I know in the past years of these same Streambar issues, Roku has offered replacements. Is there any chance I could get a replacement. I own two of them and have had them both blow speakers or start crackling. 
Thanks

0 Kudos
Brandonros
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey 

I just wanted to let you know I’ve bought new speakers from Digikey and replaced them. Three of the four were blown.  I’m still not completely giving up on Roku but I will highly recommend to everyone I can against buying your Streambars. They are a complete flop and don’t last. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Brandonros!

Apologies for the trouble and inconvenience this may have caused. 

Kindly check your inbox as we have sent you an email regarding this matter. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
CarterZone
Reel Rookie

Hello...my Roku streambar has been experiencing cracking, popping, and static (when a channel plays something with bass) since the latest update.  Could you please assist me with a resolution/fix for this issue? 

Model- 9102RW

Serial Number- YL00CP080173

Software Version- 12.5.5 Build 4174-95

Device ID- B110AC080173

0 Kudos
ktredshoes
Channel Surfer

My Roku streambar sound has deteriorated over time and is  TERRIBLE - crackling, popping, sound distortion - to the point it's practically unlistenable.  The only way I can use it is to connect through the Roku app on my phone and switch to private mode to listen through headphones or another Bluetooth speaker.  Please help!

Model 9102R

Serial number YL007M821943

Software version 12.5.5 build 4174-95

Device ID 2A10C7821843

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.