Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeweliann
Reel Rookie

roku branded tv (from best buy) always disconnects from internet

so i’m pretty sure these tv’s are a new release, as well as a best buy exclusive. we got ours about a month or two ago and it just always disconnects from the internet. like not even to where you can reconnect it, you have to actually restart the tv to fix it. sometimes it’ll do it 2-3 times while we’re trying to watch a movie. as a roku, it does frequent software update checks and i manually check about once a day so it doesn’t just need a software update. i’m assuming it’s just a software issue/bug but it hasn’t been patched yet. does anyone else have this issue? have you found a more permanent solution than just restarting? this is starting to get on my nerves lol

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: roku branded tv (from best buy) always disconnects from internet

Greetings @jeweliann 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your new Roku branded TV. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • wireless router brand and model
  • who is your ISP (internet service provider)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
jeweliann
Reel Rookie

hi there danny !

model: 55R6A5R

hardware id: G851X - Roku TV

serial number: X01300STTD5D

device id: S0NX72DTTD5D

software version: 12.0.0 build 4182-ET

issue/tracker id: 5D-220-119

our isp is xfinity and i’m not too sure about the router brand and model as i’m living with roommates. but i’m almost certain the issue is with the software of the tv since no other devices in the house have any issues alike this one. as far as steps to reproduce the issue go, i don’t know. we’ll just be watching something and it’ll stop abruptly and say that it’s not connected to the internet. when you try to reconnect it ( settings > network > set up connection > wireless connection ) it’ll just stay on the wireless scan screen and not find anything. the only way to get the wireless scan to go away is turning the tv off and then back on with the remote. and the only way to get the device connected again is restart the device ( settings > system > power > system restart ). 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jeweliann,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for providing us with the device information we requested, and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll go ahead and send this over to the team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update. We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate your patience with us.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with the brand and model of your wireless router?

If there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jeweliann 

Thanks for your patience while we continue to investigate this issue.

The appropriate Roku team is currently looking into this issue, but can you please provide us with a more recent tracker ID when the issue occurs? In addition, please provide us with your wireless router brand and model number.

Once we have this information, we will make sure to pass it along to be looked into further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Racingtown

Did you have any follow up or success with resolving this issue?  I'm having the same issue as the OP.  I have to reconnect multiple times per day.  Its very frustrating.  I have other TCL roku TVs that worked during the same period with out trouble.  So, I'm fairly certain it is not a wifi issue.    Any help would be appreciated.  I have 6 days on my Best Buy return period, so I may just do that if its not an easy fix.  

S/N: X01300WG708S

WiFi: Google Mesh wifi

Thanks

0 Kudos
jeweliann
Reel Rookie

my tv doesn’t have this issue often anymore, but it still happens occasionally. i honestly have no idea what the problem is but i’d honestly return it and get a tcl or hisense roku tv instead

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Racingtown,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We really do apologize for the delay in our solutions to this, and we appreciate you reaching out about it.

We have forwarded this case, along with the information you have provided, to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We'll make sure to update this thread once information is available or if we need additional support about this.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos