Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lynda2006
Streaming Star

Re: "No Program Info" on antenna channels with Hisense Roku TV

Jump to solution

Yes.  I had the same problem and was enabled to get OTA channels.  I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in and then it worked.  Only to find that it was not working a day later. I ran across the post that advise the problem was the USB flash drive. I removed the USB flash drive and it immediately started playing the OTA channels.  It worked for nearly a week and is now not getting any OTA channels again.  I ran across the post that advised to reset the TV by inserting and holding a pin in the reset hole near the USB / cable connections.  It turned off and turned back on as stated. When it turned back on, it showed a screen that said go to TV update.roku.com, insert a flash drive in a computer and copy the update file.  I followed all the instructions and the TV then showed a screen that stated it was updating.  I rescanned for channels and now show 39 channels available and the channels are working.

Exactly why do we not get notified of these updates and the procedures for resetting??  This is  appalling customer service.  What changes were made with this update?  What happens if someone does not have a computer or flash drive? Another example of big corporations who think they own YOUR property with absolute disregard for the customer.

Richnord
Binge Watcher

Re: "No Program Info" on antenna channels with Roku TV

Jump to solution

got an "Ooops something went wrong" 😕 .... Figures thanks anyway

0 Kudos
Dan20
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update on mine....OTA tuner works now! Well sort of.

since my original post is several pages back....long and short of it is my new tv never found channels at all, no matter what I tried. But....

After using a thumb drive on the pc, thought what the heck, I’ll plug it in the tv and do a scan since that what was causing a lot of people to lose channels. Mind you I had no channels to lose as it never would find any in the first place, and nothing usb had ever been plugged in it before. I was expecting the same ole no channels found, but it was literally the only thing I hadn’t tried. Plugged in a blank 16gb stick, scanned, and what do you know! Tuner now detects channels! Now for the sort of part...I get the same losing them as everyone else. The pause feature off and no stick plugged in, and turning on tv after being off for awhile, the scanned channels are still there and showing signal strength but no picture/sound. Off/on nor restart via menu works, only unplugging and plugging back in does, then all is normal till the next time it happens.

bottom line, if you can’t find channels and know it should have, try plugging in a thumb drive even if the tv has never had one plugged in or you don’t use the pause buffer feature, and see what happens.

0 Kudos
bill66912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, Lynda -

Is your TV still functioning OK?  What version of software did applying the update manually take your TV to?

Thanks in advance!

- Bill

0 Kudos
pam11
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

are your OTA channels working now.  We did the update via recovery mode, worked for a day & then black screen  with the channel info only.  TCL tells us it the Roku software 9.4 that is bad & roll back to 9.3 version.  We can't figure our how to roll back to 9.3 software.   Guess only Roku can do that.  May be Roku should roll back to 9.3 version & later update when they have a fix.

0 Kudos
Richnord
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I think if they were going to rollback the software they would have done it by now. I've been dealing with this issue for a month now. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously, we are aware of the issues regarding finding OTA channels after the latest OS 9.4 update on Roku TVs. Our teams are currently investigating this issue and once more information is available I'll be sure to update this thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
bill66912
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for this update, Danny.  Roku’s inconsistent responses on this situation have been frustrating to say the least.  It’s good to see a response from the company, if even to just say “hang on a little longer, we’re working on it”.

- Bill

0 Kudos
Richnord
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

New update out 9.4.0 build 4192 my OTA is working again 😀

0 Kudos
pam11
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have 9.4.9 , 4192, worked only for few hours, it stopped working the next day

Please post if works for you over the next few days 

thx

0 Kudos