Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cloudstepper
Reel Rookie

"Keep watching" does not advance to the next episode

I have a TCL RokuTV, purchased end of 2022. All was working fine until recently when "keep watching" stopped advancing to the next episode. It opens to the most recently watched episode, so we have to back out, go into episodes, and advance to the next one manually. This happens on Paramount+. Their customer support responds quickly but does nothing about the problem except to say they're looking into it. I wonder if it's a Roku issue or a Paramount+ issue? We have 3 Rokus (RokuTV, Ultra, and a stick) - it happens on all of them. Thanks in advance for the solution.

5 REPLIES 5
gregbt

Re: "Keep watching" does not advance to the next episode

I have the same problem with Discovery+ and it started a few weeks ago.  I have tried several different methods of pausing and returning to the menu but it doesnt advance.  Some of them I am now 4 shows further and its a huge pain.  I did unplug the Roku and plug it back in and that did advance it, but when I watched the next show it still stayed stuck.  Cant be power cycling the Roku after every show.  I am 99% sure this is a Roku SW problem.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gregbt @Cloudstepper,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate the additional information about this issue. We'd like to see more of what's going on here.

Could you please tell us a bit more about this? Have you tried reinstalling the app, making sure to restart before adding the channel back? If not, then let's start from there and follow the guided steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cloudstepper
Reel Rookie

Hi Rey. I really appreciate you helping here. We have a TCL Roku TV. I thought I'd removed channels before on this TV (I certainly have on my other two Rokus...ultra and a soundbar), but on the TCL when I highlight it and press * it does not offer a remove channel option.

Also, I assume that removing the channel and rebooting would also lose all the current settings and watched episodes...but will still do it if it solves this problem. If it comes back again, it would not be a happy thing.

Trying what I can. Oh, this is a Roku TV, so the roku remote is the remote. I did remove the batteries... wait, if I reset the Roku what will that do to the Onkyo sound system I also have set up?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Cloudstepper,

Thanks for the reply!

We appreciate the additional information about this. In addition, it seems like your subscription is through Roku Pay. That would be the reason why there's no option for you to remove the channel.

If you could tell us a bit more about this. When did you start seeing the issue occur? What are the steps that led you to this behavior? If possible, could you send us a screenshot of the issue you're seeing so we can take a closer look at it?

Let us know more about this so that we can further investigate it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flippo1

• You ask for details on the problem. However, you are well aware of this... It's all over the internet! Roku should fix the software ASAP. This is the kind of thing that loses customers, including me, if you cannot resolve the issue. Dealing with it is an inconvenient hassle.
  • JUST FIX IT!
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.