Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leparker
Reel Rookie

"Email not Working" notification when setting up TCL Roku TV after factory reset

Have a TCL Roku tv that has worked for years. Suddenly, no apps would open - getting various error code for each app when try to open that state app could not connect. Wireless connection is excellent when checking setting. 

Did a Factory reset after exhausting all other options. 

Going through set up, whenever my email is entered to get activation code, I get the error message that my "email is not working ..."  check spelling, etc. Spelling is correct. It's a gmail account. Same email that's been associated with account for years. 

Thoughts moving forward?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: "Email not Working" notification when setting up TCL Roku TV after factory reset

@leparker

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that when troubleshooting channel playback issues, performing a factory reset on your device or TV should be a last resort.

In regards to your email activation, have you tried waiting a while and then trying again to see if you are able to send yourself an activation link? If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with the serial number or device ID on the back of your TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
leparker
Reel Rookie

Re: "Email not Working" notification when setting up TCL Roku TV after factory reset

In both cases, (Roku Ultra Device and TCL Roku TV) there was an excellent wireless connection, but the apps/channels wouldn't load. For Disney, I got an 'Error 42' code. For VUDU, the app just dropped out and returned to homepage. For HBO Max, Pandora, Hulu, Paramount, and others, we just received an "error' message, No code indicated.

Did a Factory reset on the TCL Roku TV after exhausting all other options. 

After initiating the Factory Reset on the TCL Roku TV, I am also running into problems. When I get to the account set up page, whenever my email is entered to get activation code, I get the error message that my "email is not working ..."  :check spelling", etc. Spelling is correct. It's a gmail account. Same email that's been associated with the account for years. I can't go any further in the set up process. 

For the separate, Roku Ultra device, hooked up to a separate TV, all the channels stopped working after the system was updated to v. 11.0 after the Ultra device was unplugged from power. Have done a system reset, restarted router, but stopped short before doing a factory reset to avoid same issue that TCL Roku TV is having. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@leparker

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are experiencing related issues across multiple devices, it's unlikely that the issue is related to the Roku device. Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku Ultra device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
fr35

Same happen to me too

0 Kudos