Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodleg
Reel Rookie

connecting 4 speakers, one streambar, one roku tcl tv for surround sound

i have a tcl roku tv, one streambar, 4 wireless speakers.  all are connected, but don't get surround sound.  rear are fill-in and streambar is silent.  i have read all i can read.  just need some guidance as to set up to get what i think is s

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: connecting 4 speakers, one streambar, one roku tcl tv for surround sound

Hi @woodleg,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We're happy to assist you with setting up your TCL Roku TV, stream bar, and speakers. You can also check out this link here for some guidance on pairing wireless speakers and this link here for how to connect a surround sound system to your Roku TV.

Please keep us posted, and we're here to help.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
woodleg
Reel Rookie

Eunice:  thanks for your help. let me clarify my situation so that i can fully understand what i am supposed to do.  i have a tcl roku tv.  i have a roku streambar.  i initially purchased two wireless speakers and paired them to, i guess, my roku tv as rear speakers (background speakers). they seemed to work fine along with sound coming from my roku streambar.  lately i purchased two additional roku wireless speakers and paired them as front speakers without any trouble .  (i really do not know whether i paired them with my roku tv or my roku streambar).  now i have sound coming from my new front speakers, no sound from my streambar, and "background" sound from my rear speakers. 

i am trying to obtain surround sound which i believe would give me sound from all four wireless speakers and sound from my streambar.

my intent is to factory reset my four roku wireless speakers and then pair them again and hopefully that will result in a surround sound situation.  i have connected my streambar to my roku tcl tv with the hdmi cable that came with the streambar to the earc connection on my roku tv. 

sorry for the length, but i just want to see if my thinking is right with this connection and reconection process.  l

as i understand it there can only be two speakers connected to my roku tv, but there can be four speakers connected to my roku streambar.  is this correct and if so, will this connection of four speakers after factory reset automatically connect to my roku streambar. 

thanks for you help.   walter..

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @woodleg,

Thanks for your response!

We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you to assist you further.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can further look into.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
woodleg
Reel Rookie

eunicel:  thanks for your links.   i have performed all tasks relating to my last post and all speakers are connected and paired.  when i go to the youtube channel and play a "check your surround sound" everything works.  i can hear each individual speaker as they are tested.  however when i play a movie or streaming show on netflex, amazon, hulu, disney etc. i get no surround sound.  it all seems to come from the front two speakers.  i have changed settings for the speakers from auto to arc and from auto to dts etc.  i just don't understand why i am not getting sound from all five speakers all the time when i watch a movie or other streaming show.  can you tell me where my expectations are wrong or where my understanding of how the system should work is incorrect.  thanks.   

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @woodleg,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

Please note that we have passed your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

If you ever need more assistance, please don't hesitate to post in the Roku Community.
Warm regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MBH553
Reel Rookie

I have the same setup with an LG TV but I also have the ROKU subwoofer.

Unfortunately, I've learned that the way the ROKU system is designed, when you connect and pair your front Roku speakers, it will disable the soundbar speakers. Totally stupid.

I've never been so dissatisfied with a purchase as I have been with the ROKU sound system. The rear speakers are so weak, they are useless. The soundbar speakers don't function if you spend the money for the front speakers. The subwoofer way underperforms and there is no volume control for the subwoofer.

I'm currently looking at getting an HDMI audio extractor which will take the HDMI from the TV, send it to the ROKU streambar to feed the ROKU speakers and also provide analog 3.5mm out with RCA and coaxial output to feed additional speakers to get the sound to where it needs to be.

I've talked so many friends out of purchasing ROKU speakers because of my experience with it.

Quietgeneral
Reel Rookie

Thank you MBH553! I just chatted with Roku Chat, and after doing everything, the technician sent the issue (when adding 4 speakers the Streambar sound is disabled) up the chain. I'm supposed to get a response via email. We want our 4 speakers behind us in a wide area and the streambar and subwoofer with the LG TV so we truly have surround sound. I read that at one time Roku allowed you to do this but their firmware changes took it out. Really disappointing! I hope they bring it back and let us all know!

0 Kudos
MBH553
Reel Rookie

I was just wondering if any resolution came of this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Quietgeneral
Reel Rookie

I got nothing back from Roku. Sorry.

0 Kudos