Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HD_Queen
Channel Surfer

Xfinity Stream crashing on startup with 11/1/23 update

My Roku TV, a TCL 43S435 was updated today, November 1, 2023, and now my Xfinity Stream app crashes every time I try to start it up. It keeps sending it back to the home screen. That's how I watch TV, and so now I can't watch anything.

TCL model: 43S435

Hardware: C134X

Serial #: X00000RKPWMY

Software version: 12.5.0 build 4176-93

0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
wlreed22

Apps kick me back to home screen

I started having this problem today as well. All other apps on Roku works fine except for the Xfinity app. Every time we click on it, it looks like it wants to open but goes back to home screen. No error message. I have restarted the system, unplugged TV and Roku and have no more options to try.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Apps kick me back to home screen

@wlreed22, try restarting all of your Xfinity equipment - gateway/modem/router.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
wlreed22

I have restarted everything multiple times and still not working. This just started today.

adpwl1
Binge Watcher

Xfinity Streaming app kicks back to home screen

Sadly it looks like Roku did some minor updates over the past day or two and now they broke the Xfinity Steam app, again.  It only took 6m+ to fix the audio issue.  How long for this now?

I've done the same, rebooted the TV, as I have TCL Roku TV's.  Nothing fixes it.

0 Kudos
adpwl1
Binge Watcher

@renojim , are you having this issue?  Did any of those solutions fix your issue?  If so, let us know what one, otherwise you just sound like the Xfinity or Roku rep, just trying to get us off the phone.

0 Kudos
GinainNBTX
Reel Rookie

Same problem here in Houston, TX.  Removed Xfinity Stream channel and added back on Roku, unplugged all and reconnected, chatted with Xfinity (which is a laugh).  Said they’d open a ticket.  The up and down volume is a pain enough.  Now we have nothing.  I don’t know if I should quit Xfinity or Roku.  Any help out there from Roku?  

0 Kudos
GinainNBTX
Reel Rookie

Re: Xfinity Streaming app kicks back to home screen

How did you fix audio issue because as of yesterday, my Xfinity Stream audio still goes up and down.  Does Firestick have this issue?  About to say bye to both Roku and Xfinity.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@adpwl1, sorry, I don't have Xfinity.  I'm just repeating what I've seen that's helped other users.  Some people only restart their Roku devices when it's the network equipment that needs to be restarted.  I'm sorry it didn't work for you.  With these kinds of issues all you'll get is finger pointing from both sides, but if everything works other than Xfinity I'd be pointing the finger at them.  Whether it's Spectrum or Xfinity, many people have stated that they had to call the provider to get it straightened out, so that leads me to believe it's not a Roku issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Malena
Channel Surfer

Re: Xfinity Stream crashing on startup with 11/1/23 update

Same problem with hisence roku tv