brukeo6

Wireless Headphones Won't Connect

I have used wireless headphones in the past and it has worked just fine. This morning, I was trying to connect my headphones to a different device, but the headphones kept on auto connecting to the Roku. I went into the Roku and went to Settings>Remotes & devices>wireless headphones>[My Headphone Name]>Auto Connect and turned auto connect off. A few hours later, I go to watch TV with my headphones, so I turn on my show, hit the * button, go to wireless headphones, and hit the connect button. Sound is still coming through the Streambar, so I go back to Remotes & devices to see whats up. Now the option to connect headphones isn't listed. I go back to my show and hit the * button again, and now the wireless headphone option is gone from there too. How do I get the Roku to let me use my wireless headphones with it again?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless Headphones Won't Connect

Hi @brukeo6,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate your time posting and inquiring about connecting your Roku device to your headphones, and we'll be glad to assist you with that. Before anything else, please restart your Roku device and your headphones. After doing so, you can follow the steps below:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & Devices.
  4. Select wireless headphones.
  5. Select Add New Wireless Headphones.
  6. Turn on your Bluetooth headphones and put them in pairing mode.
  7. Wait while your Roku device scans for Bluetooth headphones. This can take up to 30 seconds.
  8. Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list of available devices.

For more details, kindly check out this support article on how to use Bluetooth headphones for Headphone Mode on your Roku streaming device.

Please let us know if you have further queries, and we'll be glad to assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Just bought myself a Roku TV 32 inch and my headphones won't connect I do not see headphones or Bluetooth on my Roku TV !!!!!!!!!help!!!!!!!??

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @RainyIsMyName,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, and thanks for flagging this issue!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that @RokuEuniceL provided above?

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Best regards,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WaltonRoob

Is everything solved now?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WaltonRoob,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community and welcome!

We see that you're having the same issue connecting your wireless headphones to your Roku device.

Could you tell us if you were able to use this before? And what Roku device you're trying to access this with.

Please tell us more about this and we'll further assist.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rishannc
Reel Rookie

Good Afternoon,

I gave my 65 inch TCL model #65S53 to my brother recently as I bought a new TV. I was able to setup wireless headphones on this TV using the steps listed above previously. I deleted my headphones before I gave it to my brother and now we no longer have the option to add wireless headphones under the remotes & devices tab it only shows remote or speakers.  I have restarted the TV several times and disconnected all HDMI's so its only has the Roku Apps. Please HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rishannc,
Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out and we'd love to be of assistance here. We'd like to know if you received an update or made some changes recently that might affect this case.

Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rishannc
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your response, I was able to figure it. On my previous setup I had a Streambar and wireless speakers and after doing lots of digging I was finally able to figure out the TV alone did not have Bluetooth so once I setup an extra streambar I had to that TV we were able to setup the wireless headphones right away. Thanks for following up.

0 Kudos