cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sorni
Reel Rookie

Wireless Bass barely audible with Streambar

Jump to solution

My new wireless bass (not the larger subwoofer) arrived today. Got it paired with Streambar and test sound successful. However, after that I can barely hear the speaker.  (So much that I requested a replacement, thinking it won't stay connected despite staying paired.)

If I turn volume WAY up, I can hear the bass speaker. Still no great shakes, but at least some sound, With TV volume at my normal listening level, there is virtually no sound from the bass speaker.

I saw YouTube videos with better sound selections (bass boost, for example), but this Streambar only has the "Sound Modes" like Standard, Movie, Music, etc.

I'm very disappointed with this purchase, sad to say. I was expecting some thumping bass.

Anyone else find a solution to this problem? Thx for any help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wireless Bass barely audible with Streambar

Jump to solution

Thanks for clarifying your concern, @Sorni!

Please be advised that a subwoofer is a type of speaker that delivers low notes and frequencies that other speakers can’t reproduce, even with surround sound. The difference between a subwoofer (wireless bass) and other speakers is that a subwoofer is a type of speaker engineered to produce bass notes, like explosions and kick-drum beats, while other speakers focus on mid- and high-range frequencies, like voices and chirping birds. When used together, speakers and bass subwoofers produce the full range of sound. A subwoofer is designed to amplify bass notes and only play sounds at low frequencies. You can check out these support articles below to help your Roku Wireless Bass (Roku Subwoofer) function better:

We hope this helps.

All the best,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @Sorni!

Thanks for raising your Streambar concern with us. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know the model of your wireless bass? It may be possible that it isn't compatible with your Roku Streambar. In addition, do the audio issues you've been experiencing with happen even if your wireless bass isn't connected? 

The best course of action will be suggested once we better understand the situation. We'll be anticipating your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sorni
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Carly, thx for the welcome and reply.

I got an email from Roku specifically offering this base speaker for my Streambar, It's Model #9203R.

The only issue I'm having is barely any sound coming from the new, paired and connected Roku Wireless Bass. The Streambar works fine, with or without the new "satellite" speaker.

During setup, the "test sound" played fine on the bass speaker, but then the "Roku Cinematic Sound" played, and no sound from the new speaker.

I've factory reset everything and same thing happens every time. Apps and devices update, pair and connect, then pffft.

The box calls it a "booming subwoofer", but so far it ain't close!

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sorni,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

We're happy to help you with your inquiry about your Roku wireless bass. Please be advised that the Roku Cinematic Sound channel is an educational demo that illustrates the capabilities of the Roku Audio products. It is not necessary or required for the use of your Roku Audio device and can be removed if desired. If you want to use your Roku wireless bass, please check out this article here on how to switch audio from your Roku wireless audio device to another sound system. Meanwhile, you can also try increasing the volume level on the wireless bass and ensuring the speaker settings on the stereo system or TV have been configured properly to use it. Please note that certain speaker settings may disable the Roku wireless bass. Trying a different speaker setting may resolve the issue. You can also check out this support article here on what to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player.

Please let us know how it goes, so we can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sorni
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A) why on earth would I want to remove the Cinematic Sound demo? I just want to hear some bass!

B) it would be great if I could "increase the volume level" of the Roku Wireless Bass, but alas is has no volume knob or other way to do that! (Nothing in the Roku app, either.)

We seem to be talking past each other. Since I'm using the Roku Streambar as my streaming device and audio source (bypassing the TV speakers), I am at its mercy as far as sound settings go. Previous models had better selectivity ("bass boost" for example). This Streambar only lets me select the "mode" (movie, music, etc.), with slight customization (turning bass up to 10).

My ONLY question or issue is, how do I get some sound out of the Roku Wireless Bass speaker?!? I can barely hear it.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for clarifying your concern, @Sorni!

Please be advised that a subwoofer is a type of speaker that delivers low notes and frequencies that other speakers can’t reproduce, even with surround sound. The difference between a subwoofer (wireless bass) and other speakers is that a subwoofer is a type of speaker engineered to produce bass notes, like explosions and kick-drum beats, while other speakers focus on mid- and high-range frequencies, like voices and chirping birds. When used together, speakers and bass subwoofers produce the full range of sound. A subwoofer is designed to amplify bass notes and only play sounds at low frequencies. You can check out these support articles below to help your Roku Wireless Bass (Roku Subwoofer) function better:

We hope this helps.

All the best,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator