Persy

Wired headphones puts out no sound

I just updated my remote to the advanced voice remote, the one that plugs in by USB to recharge.

Everything "appeared" to work but when I plugged in my wired remote into my new remote, I heard what sounded like a whisper and I did a volume UP to 75, still no sound, just a whisper. I have a Samsung TV that is kooked up to my Roku Ultra.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Wired headphones puts out no sound

Hi @Persy,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience. Could you please try re-pairing your remote to your Roku device to see if that resolves the issue? You can follow the steps below to accomplish this:

• Remove the power cable from your Roku device, wait 5 seconds, and then re-connect the power cable.
  • Wait until your Roku device displays the home screen.
  • Restart your remote. If your remote uses standard batteries, restart your remote by removing and reinserting the batteries. If your remote is rechargeable, press and hold the pairing button for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, stop, then flash rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button, and your remote will restart.
  • Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, charge your remote or replace the batteries.
  • Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.
  • Once the Roku device is connected to the remote, the pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

For more troubleshooting steps, check out our Support article: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos