Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmroz
Channel Surfer

Wired Roku Stream bar stopped working on Roku TV.

Jump to solution

A few months ago a bought a Roku Stream bar and wireless subwoofer to go with my Roku TV. Worked great but about a week ago there was no sound so I set it back to use the TV speakers.  Worked on it today to try to fix it but no luck.  If I power the soundbar off, then on, the light is solid orange for a few seconds, the flashing orange.  If I hold down the reset button  for a little bit, the light will turn green for a short while, then back to flashing orange.  I've reset the HDMI cable to the ARC port numerous times and all seems fine.  I do notice in the Roku audio settings, if I choose ARC it says ARC: Inactive and System audio control: Inactive.  Don't know what means. Even tried doing a factory reset on the TV and switching to an optical cable.  Nothing stops the flashing orange or permits the steam bar from being recognized by the TV

Searched  this form and found a few 'flashing orange' topics but nothing that helps me.  Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
tmroz
Channel Surfer

Re: Wired Roku Stream bar stopped working on Roku TV.

Jump to solution

Figured out the subwoofer. Needed to hit the reset button for 10 seconds to get it to repair. Finally all working.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
tmroz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Previous to fixing the subwoofer, I powered off the TV. When back on it took me to the process of setting up the streambar as if it was new. Finally solved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Orange light means it's not set to internet. If you keep resetting the Streambar you can expect that. Once it's connected to arc on your Roku tv, go into the setting menu of Roku tv refresh the CEC devices connected to it. Make sure you're using Roku tv remote and not the Streambar remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tmroz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, using the TV remote. It says no CEC devices found. Tried changing out the HDMI cable between the sounbar and ARC but no change. Not sure what else to try. Don't even know if the problem is the sound bar or the TV.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Make sure the 1-touch play in enabled in both Roku tv and Roku streambar. 

Settings> system> control other devices(CEC)> check the box for 1-touch play. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
tmroz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did look there and the box was unchecked.  So I checked it, did a search for CEC devices and again nothing found.  Still flashing orange.  Powered the streambar off/on.  Still flashing orange and nothing has changed.  Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Have you gone into Network in settings and entered your internet credentials?

Edmund

0 Kudos
tmroz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The credentials have been there all along.  The picture and tv speakers work fine. In fact the streambar worked fine for the 2+ months I've had it until one day there was no sound thru it (and the wireless bass unit).  

0 Kudos
tmroz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Figured out the subwoofer. Needed to hit the reset button for 10 seconds to get it to repair. Finally all working.

0 Kudos
tmroz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Previous to fixing the subwoofer, I powered off the TV. When back on it took me to the process of setting up the streambar as if it was new. Finally solved.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.