Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlajhill
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

Akbadboy,

I appreciate your detailed response! Yes, that sounds like a complete pain to try and fix. Plus, not one of us should have to put the time and extra $ into our almost new TVs. There are a lot of people on this thread and there has to be many more out there. It's very frustrating when you can't get the help or compensation owed. These companies don't care. The only thing we have control over is boycotting their products and spreading the word. 

hapifabi
Channel Surfer

Re: Sharp 58 inch Roku TV Screen Won't Turn On

Jump to solution

Yes, I have the same issue and contacted the Roku TV manufacturer and all I got was told the warranty expired and I have to take it to a local repair shop. I was shocked. I kept asking do you guys have any other options to troubleshoot to even try to see what the problem is. The TV is working since the screen is blinking the logo on it, just its not going past the logo startup screen. She said no other options but to get my 2yr old TV repaired or get a new one. UNEBELIEVABLE!  I am shocked! I see many are having this same problem so I believe these Sharp Roku TVs are lemon products to go dark in just 2yrs. I will never buy another one.

Repair shop said it will cost $300-$400 to fix and better off getting a new TV. I have had my Samsung and Sony TVs for over 5 years and still working just fine.

hapifabi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes! These are lemon products to have new TVs go bad in such short period of time. I now have to go buy a new TV and I am upset.

CaseousCalc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hapifabi,

So your startup logo comes on screen but it doesn't boot into the main menu? I would try a hard reset to see if that works, Google will tell you how. Because it seems your power supply and screen are working. If reset doesn't work, then changing your mainboard will probably fix it. They can be gotten from eBay relatively cheap and are plug and play. 

TVCana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah, I was a same boat!! If I ask come to my place to fix it, it costs more. It's better to a new TV.

My new Sony TV, I bought a 4 years warranty!

But I think these days, TV is like a cell phone.

Good luck!

hapifabi
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well I tried every troubleshoot and fix option presented in this forum including hard reset button in the back and USB update, unplug wifi router, hit home button with down arrow...tried everything multiple times for the past couple of days. Nothing has worked screen still blinks with log on and off. It is a dead lemon with no motor just lights. I have re-boxed it in the original box I have kept for the past 2yrs in my storage closet and time to send it off to the place dead tvs go! Sharp you have a lost a customer for life. Roku TVs are garbage. I will stick to Samsung and Sony from now on even if they are not on black Friday doorbuster.

IMG_1271.jpg

Jump to solution

Same Thing Here....

The T.V. power button won't turn t.v. on...

I was watching T.V.and the screen went black and now the T.v. won't turn on ...with or with out remote...One year old 55 inch T.V. Just gone....

Do Not But A Roku T.V.

Nascar2555
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Look i understand how upset everyone is, Including myself. This Hisense TV was **bleep** too… however I don’t think its fair to blame faulty hardware manufacturer on Roku….  Look I’m an IT Admin.  Roku is just an operating system like Windows 10 or Android.  If you buy a piece of junk cheap or free android phone, or you buy the cheapest win 10 laptop you can find, You will have nothing but trouble out of it.   Thats as simple as i can make it. 

Roku is facing the same problems as windows and Android. If you paired its operating system with a high end TV. You would be perfectly happy.  IT would last for years, it would hardly ever freeze up. Space would never be an issue.  Roku is a fantastic smart TV Platform. Its just a shame it seems only **bleep** TV’s are using it.   I think its time for Roku to set standards and force these vendors to use better hardware. 

Android had to do this several years ago. Not so long ago, you were lucky to get any updates on your phones. Hardware was **bleep**…. It had cool features but most phones was under powered.  Then android forced phones to at least support 2 years of updates, and phones suddenly started getting better.   While there is still a difference between low end and high end phones, Even the lowest spec phone this year, is light years better than high end phones 2 years ago.  I think that says a lot about how Android stepped up spec requirements and reeled in its vendors.  

Its time for Roku to force these cheap TV Vendors to step up there spec’s and force them to give longer warranties.   I guarantee if these TV’s had 3 year warranties, you’d at least get 3 years an 1 month out of it. Lol.  But at least you wouldn’t feel as cheated as it breaking in 1….  Roku needs to step up and make this happen! Make these vendors stop trashing its name. 

CaseousCalc
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi Stacybacig, 

This has nothing to do with Roku, it's whoever manufactured your TV.. Ake sure you try a hard reset first. If it's one year old then warranty the TV. If not under warranty, then recommend you try to fix it. Read my post history for some clues on how to fix it. If you don't want to fix it yourself then a repairman might fix it ($$). If you don't want to do any of this then no point coming to this forum. 

0 Kudos
TVCana
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes, I agree with you.

I bought a best XXX model cheap TV....

Now I have a Sony, but no Roku.... I am missing Roku now.

I bought a Google Chromechast. It's good experience to compare. 

Good Luck everyone! 

0 Kudos