Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haramny

Why Can’t I cast to my Roku tv?

Jump to solution

I used to be able to cast to my Roku tv with my iPhone And now it doesn’t work. When I click Screen Mirroring my Tv no longer Appears. I’ve tried multiple things and none of them worked. Is it fixable?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why Can’t I cast to my Roku tv?

Jump to solution

Hi, @haramny 

Thanks for reaching out for assistance, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the trouble you've encountered with casting from your iPhone to your Roku TV, and we'd be glad to assist. Let's configure some settings on your Roku TV to continue using the casting feature. Here are some steps that you can try.

If you have a Roku TV system or Roku Streambar it may not stay connected to your wireless network when powered off. To maintain the network connection use the steps below to turn on a feature called "Fast TV start" (on your TV) or "Fast start" (on your Streambar).

1. Press Home 

on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power
  5. Select Fast TV start or Fast start
  6. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start' or Turn on 'Fast start' and check the box

After this, follow the additional steps to finish up the process.

Use the steps below to set up HomeKit and add your Roku device to the Home app.

1. Press Home 

on your Roku remote
  3. Select Apple AirPlay and HomeKit
  4. Select HomeKit
  5. Select Set up
  6. Use the camera on your iPhone or iPad to scan the eight-digit HomeKit code you see on your TV screen
  7. Follow the instructions on your Apple device to add your Roku device to the Home app and complete the setup process

Once all of these steps are performed, you should be able to stream, control, and share content from your iOS® device to your Roku streaming TV. You can watch movies, TV shows, and family videos, listen to popular music, or browse vacation photos. You can even mirror exactly what you see on your Apple device.

For more details and instructions, read the article about using AirPlay with your Roku device.

We hope you find this information helpful, and feel free to let us know if you still have questions or concerns. We're glad to help. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why Can’t I cast to my Roku tv?

Jump to solution

Hi, @haramny 

Thanks for reaching out for assistance, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the trouble you've encountered with casting from your iPhone to your Roku TV, and we'd be glad to assist. Let's configure some settings on your Roku TV to continue using the casting feature. Here are some steps that you can try.

If you have a Roku TV system or Roku Streambar it may not stay connected to your wireless network when powered off. To maintain the network connection use the steps below to turn on a feature called "Fast TV start" (on your TV) or "Fast start" (on your Streambar).

1. Press Home 

on your Roku remote
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power
  5. Select Fast TV start or Fast start
  6. Highlight Enable 'Fast TV Start' or Turn on 'Fast start' and check the box

After this, follow the additional steps to finish up the process.

Use the steps below to set up HomeKit and add your Roku device to the Home app.

1. Press Home 

on your Roku remote
  3. Select Apple AirPlay and HomeKit
  4. Select HomeKit
  5. Select Set up
  6. Use the camera on your iPhone or iPad to scan the eight-digit HomeKit code you see on your TV screen
  7. Follow the instructions on your Apple device to add your Roku device to the Home app and complete the setup process

Once all of these steps are performed, you should be able to stream, control, and share content from your iOS® device to your Roku streaming TV. You can watch movies, TV shows, and family videos, listen to popular music, or browse vacation photos. You can even mirror exactly what you see on your Apple device.

For more details and instructions, read the article about using AirPlay with your Roku device.

We hope you find this information helpful, and feel free to let us know if you still have questions or concerns. We're glad to help. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos