Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Where have the RokuOS gone?

I was writing about this in a response to another users question about But I thought I would share my thought and potential concern on an observation I’ve had over the past year maybe someone can help with the answer
as a huge Roku supporter when I go into any store or scroll through TV sets online up until let’s say ago, I see most TV manufacturers use Roku‘s operating system in their TV sets. I have a TCL TV and it uses Roku‘s operating system. If I were to go online and look at TCL‘s same TV now they no longer use Roku‘s operating system that Roku is making their TV set, but would it be possible to be able to do both? The visibility of having Roku slapped on every TV manufacturer box was huge. I’m not sure if the marketing team knew that.
when I come on here, I read a lot of post about people who seem to know more about Roku than the people that work there though they don’t work there and don’t know half as much of why decisions are made then that make the decisions, but this is just an observation, and I thought. Maybe someone has some thoughts or knows what’s going on with that.  I’d love to know 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Where have the RokuOS gone?

There are still 3rd party Roku TV's made by several manufacturers. It may be a bit of a price thing, as Google (Google TV or Android TV) or Amazon (Fire TV) may offer better terms to the manufacturers.

Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Re: Where have the RokuOS gone?

@andyross 

No there are for sure some that use Roku still but I’ve noticed a steppe decline. Your a guru im sure you look at the tvs set any time u got to the stores that sell tv or websites. There’s been a huge drop. I don’t think TCL uses Roku anymore. That got roku in so many homes. I was really sad when I saw google as there OS. You can find older model that are still in store stock but nothing new

0 Kudos