Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Videea
Reel Rookie

Where can I recycle my Roku device that I can get a money back?

Jump to solution

I had a Roku TV, and the left speaker would stop working randomly.  As a result, I would simply turn the volume up to compensate, then the left speaker would randomly start working again, and I would lower the volume to compensate.  This problem occurred several times during a single show/movie.  Eventually I decided to get a NON-ROKU TV and sound bar, and all was fine.  I bought a ROKU express, and it worked about 6 months.  I then ordered a couple from amazon, and the first one had the plastic ripped off the remote and was suspiciously replaced and didn't work.  The second ROKU device worked for about 6-9 months and eventually stopped working.  I now have a brand new ROKU express on my new NON-ROKU TV.  I can't even give away my used 55 inch Roku TV (Believe me, I have tried).  With all the problems I have had with the ROKU TV and the ROKU devices... Is there a place I can go that will recycle them or something that I can at least get some money for ?  I hate to think that I spent a lot of money on products that didn't work or only worked for a short time.  I even bought ROKU products from different retailers (Walmart, Amazon, ETC). p.s. the speaker not working is built into the TV (not wireless).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Speaker only working on one side

Jump to solution

Hi @Videea 

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. We understand that you are inquiring about how to recycle the Roku device.

Roku take-back and recycling program information by state article provides information about take-back and recycling programs in different states. If your state is not listed, you can still find electronics donations and recycling in your area.

Please be reminded that before you dispose of or recycle your Roku device, ensure to remove your device from your Roku account and then perform a factory reset.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV Speaker only working on one side

Jump to solution

Hi @Videea 

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter. We understand that you are inquiring about how to recycle the Roku device.

Roku take-back and recycling program information by state article provides information about take-back and recycling programs in different states. If your state is not listed, you can still find electronics donations and recycling in your area.

Please be reminded that before you dispose of or recycle your Roku device, ensure to remove your device from your Roku account and then perform a factory reset.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you still have any questions.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator