Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrechst
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku, are you really this ignorant?

Jump to solution

Just a small test?  We are now weeks into this that guide is worst i have ever seen ridiculous they must have had a 1st yr grad do whatever and not bother testing or get any user feedback...  Ridiculous

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Jump to solution

No channel numbers is an absolute train wreck..Can't quickly find anything..It's a major handicap

winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello, I was playing with a new soundbar and I had to do a factory reset and my channel numbers are back. I have a 32 inch Onn/Roku. 

Yep, I just checked again and I have channel numbers (for now) 

And I found this thread.. 

Remedy for disappearing channels on Roku TV

Just a heads up, we will be performing some basic troubleshooting steps to fix the issue and hoping for your cooperation on this one.

Please do this in your end

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update.

After the software update, proceed to system restart

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

IT WORKED!!  GIVE IT A TRY!!

0 Kudos
Griffith1

Jump to solution

How do I retrieve chanel numbers 

AST3

Jump to solution

Update/resart did not solve the problem on my roku tv.

My elderly parent is use to having numbers on streaming channels in order to find certain programs of interest! This new format also makes it difficult to retrieve antenna stations.  We, like many other viewers, want the numbers added back asap!!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The streaming channel numbers for the Roku Channel Live TV just returned to my devices and RokuTV today.  Either they are finished testing this nonsense on my devices or have changed course and decided against removing channel numbers as part of the 12.5 update.  Let's hope for both.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Unhappy222
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So amazing after months of more people asking what happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channel. I turned on the ROKU 12-6-23 and behold the channel numbers are there with the music playing Joy to the World. After the most replied to topic ever on the Roku community that effected all, handicap,elderly, young and old, common sense order has returned to my Roku. Thank You and don't tease me again.   

bratface
Streaming Star

Jump to solution
Brion
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My numbers are still missing. 

Christeen420
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the 12.5 update and still had no numbers. However, I did do the system update today {4 channel updates} and the power reset and I now have numbers. Don't know if coincidental that the update fixed or test completed. Will find out if I still have numbers tomorrow.

Either way people should be asked to participate in a test not have it surprisingly shoved on them with no notice which added to the frustration in figuring out WTF happened!!!!