Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G1122

Volume Stuck At 100 And Won't Go Down on Roku TV

I have a TCL 55S515 Roku TV. Within the last week, the volume on the TV has started going up to 100 on it's own and you can't get it to come back down. Taking the batteries out of the remote doesn't fix it nor does using the Roku App TV remote. I've done a full factory reset on the TV along with every other fix that I've been able to find doing internet searches. I even went out today and bought a TCL sound bar since I read that that fixes it, but even then it still goes to 100 and won't come down. I've found this issue on other posts, etc. and it seems like it's a Roku problem and not a TV brand problem. Has anyone found a consistent fix for this?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Volume Stuck At 100 And Won't Go Down

Hi @G1122

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If the volume on your TCL Roku TV is increasing to 100 on its own and you are unable to adjust it, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check for any physical obstructions: Make sure there is nothing obstructing the TV remote or the TV's IR sensor. Move any objects or furniture that may be blocking the signal.
  • Replace the batteries in your remote: Low battery levels can cause your remote to malfunction. Try replacing the batteries in your remote and see if that helps.
  • Reset the TV: Try performing a reset of your TV by going to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset. Note that this will erase all of your settings and preferences, so you will need to set up your TV again after the reset.
  • Check for software updates: Make sure that your TCL Roku TV is running the latest software version by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now. If an update is available, install it and see if the issue is resolved.
  • Disable the volume leveling feature: Go to Settings > Audio > Volume mode > Leveling and turn it off. This feature can sometimes cause issues with the volume.
  • Contact TCL customer support: If none of the above steps work, you may want to contact TCL customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps or advise if the TV needs repair.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards.
Lianna

0 Kudos