Sakov
Reel Rookie

Vizio Sound bar with Roku TV

I'm using a Vizio Sound bar with my Roku TV box. I'm running the Roku output through the Vizio via HDMI and then into the TV via HDMI as well. 

The sound, when it works, is great. The problem is that occasionally the sound stops working entirely, lags and requires a restart of the whole system or a pause and replay, at which point the sound catches up. Sometimes certain ads will kill the sound. Other times the sound on the program doesn't work, but you can still hear the clicks from manipulating the on-screen buttons. 

Prior to connecting the sound bar, this wasn't a problem. 

So from what I've included, does this sound like a Roku problem, a sound bar problem, or a cable/data feed problem? Does anyone have experience with anything like this? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Vizio Sound bar with Roku TV

Hi @Sakov,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're having an issue with your audio setup, and we'd like to learn more about this.

Could you tell us if you have successfully used this before? If so, when did you start seeing these changes?

Please share more information, and we'll zoom in on it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sakov
Reel Rookie

Hey @RokuERey ,

I'm not sure what you mean by ‘if you have successfully used this before’.

I used the Roku without the sound bar and there was no issue with the sound. 

I recently started using the Roku with the sound bar and the issue has persisted. Sometimes it happens predictably when certain Roku originated (as opposed to live channel embedded) ads play. Sometimes it happens between episodes of the same show when playing the next one. 

There has never been a time when I've used the sound bar with the Roku without issue, if that is what you're asking. The problem started when usage sound bar usage started. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Sakov,

Thanks for the update and the additional information. 

Have you tried using an HDMI cable to see if there are any differences?

Let us know if there's any.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sakov
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey 

So in my original post I said:

"I'm using a Vizio Sound bar with my Roku TV box. I'm running the Roku output through the Vizio via HDMI and then into the TV via HDMI as well."

Are you asking if I've used another HDMI cable or if I'm using an HDMI cable at all?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Sakov,

Thanks for the quick update!

Yes, we would recommend trying a different HDMI cable to see if that resolves the issue. Sometimes a faulty or damaged cable can cause issues with the signal and disrupt the video or audio output. It's worth a try before exploring other potential solutions.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue and I tried swapping the HDamI cable and it didn't fix the problem.  Still no sound through TV. I test it and works and the Bluetooth works, but not TV via HDMI cable

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Roger3rogue!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about connecting your Vizio soundbar to your Roku TV and we're here to further assist you with this.

Before we proceed, can you please confirm if your TV is a Roku-branded TV like TCL, RCA, Hisense, etc., or is it a Roku TV series? Also, we suggest trying to plug it into a different HDMI port to see if this will make any difference. 

Let us know how it goes and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos