Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carsokk
Reel Rookie

Using Echo Dot as a speaker for Roku TV

Hi.  Can is there any way to pair (via bluetooth or wifi) a Roku TV with an Echo Dot so that the Echo Dot is an audio speaker for the Roku TV?  I found this asked 3 years ago for a different model of TV and the answer was no.   So, I hope thngs have changed in 3 years.  If this is not possible, is there any way to submit a request for this feature?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Using Echo Dot as a speaker for Roku TV

Sorry, but no.  Roku's use to only be Bluetooth receivers not transmitters. Which is what the speaker needs. But they did upgrade Roku's to transmit to Bluetooth headphones only, still not speakers. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
carsokk
Reel Rookie

My Roku TV can connect to bluetooth speakers, so doesn't that mean it is a Bluetooth Transmitter?  The problem is that when you go into setup mode, it does not see the Echo as a speaker.  So, if there was some way for the Echo to present itself as a speaker, it should work, shouldn't it?  I have confirmed on the Amazon site that a Amazon Fire TV can use an Echo as a speaker, so Roku should (in theory) bea able to do the same thing.  Or, am I missing something?

Amarixn5

I'm having the same problem, it's not showing up on my TV. I even went as far as add my onn Roku TV as a device on the Amazon Alexa app but it's still not showing up on my TV when I'm searching for a speaker to connect to. This needs to be taken care of because the feature isn't serving a purpose.

0 Kudos
Burdicktv

Why is this not an option in this day and age.  I can hook my echo speakers to a host of other devices without issue.  Come on Roku get with the times.

0 Kudos