Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mollyyy

Tv screen is black but still has sound

Jump to solution

my roku tv screen started to static a little but then randomly my screen completely turned black now i can hear audios from my tv but i can’t see anything i’m doing i’ve tried resetting it and unplugging it what do i do

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv screen is black but still has sound

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @NoaTay @Atayeesaha.

We regret to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your TV. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know when you first started seeing this issue? Did it happen after the new software update? Also, kindly try to turn on your TV again, and when you hear the sound on the Home screen, use a flashlight and directly point it at your TV screen to know if you can still see anything. If not, or if it has a faint picture, it may be possible to be a hardware issue. 

You can refer to this link to directly contact Support for your Roku TV.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @naomi_thompson,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you informing us about this; we're here to assist. We recommend restarting the TV by unplugging it from the wall outlet and checking the status light of the TV to see if it's solid or blinking. We also encourage you to try another outlet.

If the issue persists, kindly see @RokuCarly's post above. 

Warm regards,

Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @mollyyy

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're here to help get back to streaming. We can see that you did a quick restart of your Roku TV but the problem still occurs. We suggest you unplug the device from the power source for 10 - 15 minutes instead and see if the issue persists. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Mrkevlee

Jump to solution

My Roku tv screen is black but has sound , I tried unplugging it,still doesn’t work 

0 Kudos
Encore

Jump to solution

Having the same problem with my Roku TV with black screen  sometimes with or without audio

0 Kudos
Encore

Jump to solution

I did a hard reboot with no success looks like all Apps do the same thing

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mrkevlee and @Encore,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Can you specify which Roku TV-manufactured brand this is? (e.g., ONN, TCL, Hisense) Also, when did this issue start, and how are you powering this device?

Please keep us informed.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoaTay

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuJanadeeK!  

I just started having the same issue a few days ago.  I have a Hisense 65R6E1 (bought 2 years ago) it's plugged straight into the wall with WiFi connection.  Home screen is black but can hear sounds.  I can even access the apps (although I can't see where they are, I mostly just guess.  Lol) and they show fine.  It's just the home screen I'm having issues with. I have unplugged, soft reset and recovery mode reset and still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Atayeesaha

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my TV rn 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @NoaTay @Atayeesaha.

We regret to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your TV. We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we first know when you first started seeing this issue? Did it happen after the new software update? Also, kindly try to turn on your TV again, and when you hear the sound on the Home screen, use a flashlight and directly point it at your TV screen to know if you can still see anything. If not, or if it has a faint picture, it may be possible to be a hardware issue. 

You can refer to this link to directly contact Support for your Roku TV.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Takita

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm having the same issue with my Roku TV. The brand is Onn.

0 Kudos