Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv screen is black but still has sound

Jump to solution

Hi, @Takita

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about this, and we're here to assist. We recommend pointing your screen to a flashlight to see if it's pitched black or has a dim image.

Furthermore, if you're able to, could you please provide us with the Roku TV information such as device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About or at the bottom/back/box of the TV).

Let us know what you find out.

All the best
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi, I have this same issue and cannot find a solution. 

I have a JVC Roku Tv however so I am unsure if this is any different 

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @naomi_thompson,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you informing us about this; we're here to assist. We recommend restarting the TV by unplugging it from the wall outlet and checking the status light of the TV to see if it's solid or blinking. We also encourage you to try another outlet.

If the issue persists, kindly see @RokuCarly's post above. 

Warm regards,

Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rpowell01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This occurs with certain videos on rumble, I can click a video and boom screen goes black and I hear only sound. I've learned to unplug and reboot normally fixes this bit it only happens with certain rumble videos, this is what makes it weird as if the coding or something is wrong.

0 Kudos