Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disfan99

Turns on and off when I first power TV on

I have a Hisense Roku smart TV. Model 50R7+. When I power it on, I get the Hisense-Roku logo and the TV will power off and back on around 7 times before it settles in and goes to the home page. This is the only time it turns itself on and off. I've unplugged and then plugged back in. I've done the reset with the button on the back quite a few times. I've called the manufacturer but it's difficult getting anywhere because they basically work off "cue cards". No one seems to really know anything. 

I'll do a factory reset if I have to but I thought I'd check here first and see if anyone had the same problem and what the solution was. Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Turns on and off when I first power TV on

Why is so dificult to program this roku 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Disfan99 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

We would recommend performing a factory reset on your Roku TV to see if that will make a difference.

Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

For more information, check out this link: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @luisadielbatres 

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos