Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DKDiveDude
Reel Rookie

Re: Turn off gaming mode permanently

Another thing, when I turn on my Playstation 5, my Onn TV with the Roku operating system, says that "Game Mode" have been turned on by the gaming console, but can be turned off in the menu.

Again if I check Picture Setting on the TV, the "Game Mode" is set to On, and greyed out, as in inaccessible!

Roku seems to have no clue what each other are doing. One team made the software that switches the TV, however either they failed to communicate something to the team making the menus, or the menu team screwed up!

My last Roku TV for sure!

0 Kudos

Hi there, it sounds like you're experiencing an interesting quirk with your TV and PlayStation 5 setup. It's not uncommon for gaming consoles to trigger "Game Mode" on certain TVs automatically, aiming to enhance the gaming experience with optimized settings. However, it's frustrating if it's happening unintentionally. You mentioned being able to turn it off in the menu, which should offer a solution. Sometimes, these settings can be a bit finicky, but once you navigate through the menu, you should be able to find the option to disable it permanently.

Regarding your mention of the Traffic Rider APK, it's worth noting that while APK files can provide access to various applications and functionalities, they shouldn't directly impact the settings of your TV or gaming console unless there's a specific interaction or compatibility issue. If you've recently installed or interacted with the Traffic Rider APK and noticed changes in your gaming setup, it might be worth investigating any potential conflicts or unintended consequences. Otherwise, focusing on adjusting the settings directly through the TV menu should help resolve the Game Mode issue. Let me know if you need further assistance or clarification on navigating those settings!

0 Kudos
LunaM
Reel Rookie

@Ixthinon Sorry it took me a while to reply, I didn't get the notification that I had replies. 

I can't link to external pages unfortunately, it seems, but if you search amazon for "HDMI 4k matrix 4x2" it should be the "overall recommended" top result. It's a no-name brand but I've used two of them for 3 years now with no problems. Unfortunately it appears to have increased in price, so I'm not sure what's up with that, you may want to shop around (there are a ton of similar products). I got both of mine for under $30 each. 

I have since had someone on another forum suggest that the 60hz/59hz likely has nothing to do with it, but the device itself being "too smart" and repeatedly enabling Game Mode by reporting itself as a gaming device might be the problem. Either way, using a "dumb" HDMI switch that does not pass that information along to the TV and outputs a consistent frequency, whichever is more important, is what worked for me.