Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Poe

Turn off Recents and Favorites in OTA Guide

Like the topic says, I don't need recents or favorites. I only get 16 OTA channels so all I want to see is All Channels. Allit does now is clutter up the screen...I have tried a few things but I can't seem to get rid of them. Is there even a option Ruku?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
StevieRay
Reel Rookie

Re: Turn off Recents and Favorites in OTA Guide

I also would like to know how to turn them off.

yort
Roku Guru

I agree! Please remove these options because they are NOT needed and they just clutter up the screen.

yort
Roku Guru

Turn Off Recents and Favorites

Please provide an option to turn off Categories like Recents and Favorites in the OTA guide. These options are NOT needed for many of us. All it does is clutter up the screen and push the entire guide to the right.

ahfba
Reel Rookie

This is garbage! Please get rid  of these categories so I can scroll through my channels quickly without any  Of the hassle and confusion!

yort
Roku Guru

Is there any progress on getting this fixed or removed? This is an extremely bad update to the TV guide.

ahfba
Reel Rookie

After much research online it doesn't look like there is an option provided by Roku or TCL - which ever did this.  not sure if it will work but When I have some free time (which is rare for something like this) I am going to try a factory reset and then turn off all updates. Don't know if it will work but I bought this tv a couple of years ago and I liked the set-up then and I'm not sure of any benefits the updates have given for what I do with it anyways. most of them seem to just move things around after I get used to it. years older posts alluded to the fact that in the earlier settings menu there is an option to turn off SYSTEM updates. I can only find a place to turn off app updates. previous versions also have the option to roll back updates also. the current version seems to be the first one to not offer that option.  

I guess I just won't watch this tv for a while only because I just get frustrated that I have to wade through that confusion. I have a few other brands of tv's throughout the house I enjoy watching that I can swap it out with until - or if I get "a round tuit".

If it doesn't fix it or get fixed there are a lot of other TVs out there to buy besides TCL - Roku tv's.

StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Turn Off Recents and Favorites

@yort  Not that the Recents feature even works! Every time I click on it, there's never even a single show or channel there!  And even with Broadcast TV selected, sometimes NONE of them show, only the streaming channels! What would be convenient, is to make each 100 channel numbers into a separate category, so instead of having to manually scroll, scroll, scroll through the now jerky mass of channels, we could just click on whatever segment of 100, the stations we want to get to, are located. This is just a huge mess, since the latest "update"....

yort
Roku Guru

Re: Turn Off Recents and Favorites

I agree, it's a huge mess! I don't understand why it's necessary to keep updating the software all the time. I understand if something is broken or doesn't work right, but it seems there's a compulsion to "update" the software just for the sake of updating. It must be a generational thing. The kids these days need to have the newest and latest thing. The older folks think if it works LEAVE IT ALONE. Surely there has to be a point where all the bugs have been worked out and the software is perfectly functional, but yet that never seems to happen.

Ticked
Reel Rookie

Still no fix, huh?

Still a great TV, but it's the constant little annoyances that will make me pause before automatically buying another.

They added their streaming channels to the OTA guide and there was a huge outcry so they changed it back. Since then there's been a new intrusion to the guide every update, people complain and they remove it.

People getting tired of complaining about the same thing repeatedly aren't being worn down to your way of thinking ROKU, they're deciding not to buy another ROKU TV.