Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LH11

Tlc Roku tv went dark can barely see it

Jump to solution

My 32-in TLC Roku TV I have been using it as my security monitor was working fine all of a sudden went really dark and barely see the picture what could be wrong with it

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tlc Roku tv went dark can barely see it

Jump to solution

Hi, @LH11

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the screen display issue you've encountered with your TCL Roku TV. In addition to @renojim's response to your query, it's best to directly reach out to TCL's support and inquire further about this issue. Roku TV manufacturers provide direct support with their TV models including assistance with warranties and hardware issues that will be handled by their support.

You can reach TCL at TCL Support 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The most likely cause is that the backlight has failed.  You'll find many, many reports of the same thing happening to Roku TVs made from various manufacturers.  There's nothing to be done unless you're comfortable taking the TV apart, finding the replacement parts, and fixing it yourself.  It is the kind of thing that would be covered by the manufacturer's (TCL's) warranty, but don't expect any help from them if the warranty has expired.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @LH11

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the screen display issue you've encountered with your TCL Roku TV. In addition to @renojim's response to your query, it's best to directly reach out to TCL's support and inquire further about this issue. Roku TV manufacturers provide direct support with their TV models including assistance with warranties and hardware issues that will be handled by their support.

You can reach TCL at TCL Support 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos