Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nehiker

The picture provided by our ROKU express has suddenly become darker

We would like to brighten the picture of our ROKU.  However, all of the guidance from ROKU tells us to go to settings, then TV picture settings, then TV picture brightness.  When we go to settings the option for TV picture settings does not exist.  

We have never had this problem before.  We have tried rebooting.  When we first go to ROKU the brightness is normal and then it automatically dims within 30 seconds.  Ready to throw out this piece of **bleep**.  Should we obtain a new ROKU device?  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The picture provided by our ROKU express has suddenly become darker

Only Roku TVs (actual TVs) have adjustments for picture settings.  Have you tried using your TV's remote to adjust its settings?  Do you have any other devices (Blu-ray player, cable box) connected to the TV?  If so, do they exhibit the same problem when using them?  Do you have another TV you can try the Express on to see if it happens on a different TV?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.