Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christina1979
Reel Rookie

TV will turn off while using any app and watching cable tv, and come back on again to home screen

TV is a Hisense Roku TV

Model #58R6÷

Software 12.0.0 build 4182-94

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV will turn off while using any app and watching cable tv, and come back on again to home sc...

Hi @Christina1979,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for the device information. However, We want to ensure we can resolve this as soon as possible, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Christina1979
Reel Rookie

Re: TV will turn off while using any app and watching cable tv, and come back on again to home sc...

Hi Chel,

The only code I get is issue ID KT-284-275, and I get that by pushing the home button 5 times and the back button 5 times. I have done everything from simply replacing the batteries in the remote to a factory reset and the problem persist. I doesn't matter if I'm watching cable tv or an app, the tv will shut off and come back on to the home screen. It has gotten so bad I can't even do a channel set up (channel search)with my cable provider because the tv shuts off before its done. The tv isn't even watchable at this point. There was no warning signs of an issue, the tv just started doing it out of the blue and it seems the issue became worse after the factory reset. The sad part is I've had the tv for less than a year.

Thank you,

Christina

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Christina1979,

Thanks for keeping us posted,

We're sorry to hear about this. Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer's support? If not, we recommend trying it and inquire further about the issue you're having. A resolution can be available on their end since Roku TV manufacturer provides support with their products.

Kindly refer to this support article for Roku TV manufacturer support at this link: Where to get support for your Roku TV

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos