Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Hi, @Albert62

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered with your Roku device, and we'd be more than glad to assist. This will be subject to investigation. Could you please provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for investigation.

We look forward to hearing back from your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nvdebs

I have this same issue on all my Rokus. I don’t have a fix but the best way I’ve found to deal with it is to just rewind a second or two and then play and the sound returns to normal. Not ideal but less disruptive than exiting or restarting. I’d love for Roku to fix this problem. 

0 Kudos
gwhit11

Cancelling this fix.  Didn't work,  Ill try rebooting remote.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gwhit11,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience about this issue. We would like to raise this with the appropriate Roku team as we received a couple of reports about this.

To proceed, please share with us the details requested by @RokuTakashi right above your post.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jay650

Yes I too have this problem.  Gets super loud for no reason or gets super quiet for no reason on its own.  Thanks for the suggestion to just rewind a little I’ll try that instead of backing out the whole app.  Other than that if not fixed peoples speakers are gonna start getting blown out.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @Jay650 

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your device. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Our team would like to look closely into this concern, kindly provide us with the precise data below:

1. Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  3. Specific channels affected by the issue.
  4. Clip of the issue you're referring to.
  5. Troubleshooting steps you have taken.
Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NorthIdahoStrmr
Channel Surfer

This has been a topic of discussion for over a year now.  Why, oh why, hasn't something been done other than to repeatedly ask for the same info over and over?

An answer to that question would be helpful for those who have trouble comprehending the repeated ask for info.

Rick

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NorthIdahoStrmr,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand your sentiments regarding this and value your suggestions and feedback. Please note that once details are provided, we escalate it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further and provide a resolution for that specific Roku device, as not everyone is experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist you, and we'll be happy to attend.

Sincerely,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos