Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Epapa

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

Jump to solution

We have two Ultra's and they both do the same thing on different TV's, even after swapping them.  I need an answer.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users, 

Thanks for posting and letting us know about the issues you still encountered with the remote.

Have you tried to re-pair the remote once more and see if there's any difference after? Before doing so, we suggest you restart your Roku device from the Setting menu, go to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Does it clear the issue you are seeing? Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @fp5849

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Try enabling Automatic Volume Leveling from the settings menu and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing. Switch to Automatic Volume Leveling to hear more consistent audio levels across various types of entertainment, making it less jarring when a commercial comes on or while switching channels. To do this, follow the instructions below:

• Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  • Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  • Select Audio.
  • Select Volume modes.
    • Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.

For more information, this support article may help: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
QueueUnderflow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuNimfa-C Just to clarify, it's not an issue with the remote. The volume of the Roku itself changes although the TV volume remains constant. When it happens on the YouTube TV app I just change channels and the volume is back to normal. But it's happened on other apps as well.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@QueueUnderflow

Thanks for following up. 

The issue has been reported resolved and rolling out the fix has to affected devices. If the issue still occurs, we would like to gather more details to notify our support team to look into this further again. Can you please provide us with:      

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • What is your Remote firmware? This can be found in settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > [select remote] > About

We'll keep an eye on your response. 

Regards,
Nimfa

QueueUnderflow
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuNimfa-C Thank you. Could you let me know the Roku software version and build it was resolved in? I won't bother reporting until I see my software has been updated to that.

0 Kudos
fp5849
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
Software / Build versions and Error Message displayed

ROKU Stick Build and Update Status.jpegROKU Stick Error Message.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @fp5849 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and providing us with information that we requested.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tknagele

Jump to solution

Can you tell us when a fix is expected to be rolled out?   We have this issue on 2 of 3 roku devices (3rd one hasn't been used enough yet to know if it has the problem) --to the point they're becoming unusable, but the last software update was December of 2022 and when I have it check for updates, it says it's up to date.  

Barkydoo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm so glad this issue is a somewhat common one because I was wracking my brain trying to figure out why my soundbar would blast me out of my  chair every time I fired up the TV. The old roku didn't do that but I had the extreme misfortune to dip my roku remote in my whiskey glass . it was so old I just decided to replace the whole setup also I now keep my remote to the left and whiskey to the right.