Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mechamaru1

TV keeps freezing and restarting

This has happened on Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, and Paramount; while watching, the audio will cut out while the picture continues. Then, the picture freezes as well, but the subtitles will continue. Then the subtitles will freeze, and shortly after the TV will restart. This will happen again but not usually immediately. Sometimes I can get through part of an episode, sometimes I can get through three episodes.

0 Kudos
50 REPLIES 50
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV keeps freezing and restarting

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community, @mechamaru1!

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your playback issues with the apps you've mentioned. No worries; we're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

May we first know what Roku streaming device or TV you are having this issue with? In addition, have you tried to check for system updates on your Roku streaming device or TV? You can manually check it by going into Settings > System > System updates > Check now. As well as the signal strength of your network connection? Settings > Network > Check Connection. It may be possible that your system is outdated or the signal strength of your network connection is poor. 

Furthermore, try to unplug your device or TV for about 60 seconds and then replug it again to see if the issue will still occur. 

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
denneycorey
Reel Rookie

I am having this exact same issue.  Does anyone know a fix?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @denneycorey!

Rest assured that we will provide you with an accurate resolution once we gather more information from you. 

Kindly let us know on which Roku streaming device or TV (please specify) you are having this issue. In addition, kindly provide us with the current OS version of your device. Furthermore, kindly refer to the post above for further instructions.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
denneycorey
Reel Rookie

I have a TCL ROKU TV.  The model # is 65S405.  My software is up to date at 12.0.0 last updated on 5/19/23.  Please let me know if you need more information.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @denneycorey,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We will be delighted to assist you further with your issue on your Roku TV. Please try the troubleshooting steps that @RokuCarly provided above. If the problem still persists, please restart your modem and router, including the Roku TV, by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
denneycorey
Reel Rookie

I have tried all of those steps that @RokuCarly suggested several times as my issue has been ongoing for at least 6 months.  I tried them again recently and I had the issue again last night.  Thanks for your help!  I’m looking forward to next steps.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @denneycorey,

Thanks for performing the troubleshooting steps needed to resolve this concern.

Since the issue is persistent, please perform a hard reset on your device by locating the reset button at the back of the TV. This should fix the issue. If not, we'll recommend you reach out to your TV manufacturer. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. You can locate their support contact information here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

We hope this helps.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hartcolby
Streaming Star

TV keeps freezing and restarting

Every since I have gotten this TV updated I have had anything like that so what is going on I have don't a hard reset wiped it redid my email and password and still. My parents got one a few weeks ago and they are having the same problem with there tv locking up and having to unplug it and rebooting it. So not sure what is wrong is someone haven the same problem or a fix for it? 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Hartcolby

Thanks for keeping us updated on this issue.

May we know if you've tried accessing these channels while connected to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot? Also, could you please provide your Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)? Further, what channel/s does this issue specifically occur, and what version/build is the channel/s? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).

Please keep us posted, and we'll take a closer look at this issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos