Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eme61
Reel Rookie

TV input not showing up in Settings since adding Roku streambar

Jump to solution

I have an HDTV antenna plugged into new Roku 50 inch TV and used it to watch local channels via Antenna icon on the home page.

Since adding a Roku streambar, Antenna is no longer showing up in the home  page choices, and TV inputs is not showing up as a choice in Settings.  Actually when I turn the TV on, Antenna  shows up momentarily, than there is a message "Switching to Soundbar", then a message "No signal, is it on?" (it IS on), then the home  page changes and Antenna is no longer there as an option and TV input is no longer an option in the Settings menu for me to see the different inputs and select Antenna. 

Double checked and everything is connected just like before adding the soundbar.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV input not showing up in Settings since adding Roku streambar

Jump to solution

@eme61, as long as you're getting sound through the Streambar and your TV remote controls its volume, then you really don't need to use the Streambar's remote.  I think there may be volume modes that the Streambar supports that you'd need its remote to enable or control, but I'm not even sure of that.  I have a Streambar connected to my TV, but I don't use any of the volume modes and I hate to say it, but I haven't really looked into its capabilities.  I get sound out of it and that's good enough for me.  🙂

Some people have had issues with the Roku embedded in the TV, so they rely on the Roku embedded in the Streambar for their streaming and use the TV for antenna TV or to switch to other connected devices.  As long as you're not having any issues you can probably ignore the Streambar remote for now.  I don't have the wireless speakers, so I'm not sure how all of that works.  Good luck!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim

Jump to solution

You're probably seeing the Home Screen of the Streambar, not the TV.  You can either use the TV's remote to get back to the TV (press Home on the TV's remote) or go into Settings->System->Control other devices and uncheck "1-touch play" using the Streambar's remote.  The TV should then power up the way it did before adding the Streambar.

It can get confusing with a Roku device connected to a Roku TV since you pretty much have to juggle two remotes.  You might want to use different themes (Setting->Theme) on the TV vs the Streambar to make it obvious which Home Screen you're seeing.

0 Kudos
eme61
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks

Pressing Home on the TV remote didn't work so unchecked "1-touch play" as suggested.  When TV powered back up, I did get the home screen with antenna, BUT, neither remote works to navigate anywhere; nothing happens when pressing any navigation button, HOME just stays lit up.  The only control that works is power control to turn off the TV.  Weirder and weirder!  Now cannot watch anything, just a frozen HOME screen

0 Kudos
eme61
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks renojim  (I love Reno area btw)

It is confusing yeah.  After unchecking 1 touch play, and restarting both remotes only worked to power on and off, tv was frozen on home screen.  Then I unplugged both streambar and tv, turned tv on with tv remote and paired it to tv.  All works now, antenna and tv inputs showing up.  Soundbar working.

Soundbar remote not working even after attempting to  pair (though I did not go through "adding another remote").  Why do I need the soundbar remote at all if the tv remote works and the soundbar works?  Does it control the soundbar settings in some way that is not available with the tv remote? 

I will be adding roku wireless speakers soon, hope that doesn't further complicate things.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@eme61, as long as you're getting sound through the Streambar and your TV remote controls its volume, then you really don't need to use the Streambar's remote.  I think there may be volume modes that the Streambar supports that you'd need its remote to enable or control, but I'm not even sure of that.  I have a Streambar connected to my TV, but I don't use any of the volume modes and I hate to say it, but I haven't really looked into its capabilities.  I get sound out of it and that's good enough for me.  🙂

Some people have had issues with the Roku embedded in the TV, so they rely on the Roku embedded in the Streambar for their streaming and use the TV for antenna TV or to switch to other connected devices.  As long as you're not having any issues you can probably ignore the Streambar remote for now.  I don't have the wireless speakers, so I'm not sure how all of that works.  Good luck!

0 Kudos