Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srhoads04

TV Stops and Restarts Over and Over

I am at my wits end with this TCL Roku television. It freezes, audio continues and then it restarts. I've looked at YouTube videos to fix it. Checked multiple discussion boards. I've unplugged it, I've done a soft reset, I've done a full reset and nothing helps to stop it from happening long term. I've left it unused for days hoping it will stop. I check and recheck for software updates. Should I just throw it in the trash? I have only ever encountered this issue with a Roku television and no others. Help please. 🥺 - Should I give up on this TV or is there something I haven't tried? 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TV Stops and Restarts Over and Over

By "hard reset", do you mean "factory reset"?  If you haven't tried a factory reset, give that a try.  There isn't a good reason to throw it in the trash.  You can always use it as a "dumb TV" and connect another streaming device (Roku or other brand) and use it that way.  Personally, I've pretty much decided that I will never buy another smart TV if at all possible (it seems like it gets harder and harder to find a non-smart TV).  I have a Roku TV that I use as a "dumb TV" with a Roku device connected to it which seems stupid, but it works for me.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Joe2024

I too have seen this behavior. Happens at least once a day. I'm not sure what causes the crash and restart. It's doesn't happen on a specific app or action. Totally random.

The other issue I have is youtube pixelation. Happens all the time. I'dve tried uninstaller youtube and reinstalling, flush buffered etc. No resolution. No longer watch youtube on tcl roku. Use my Mac or tablet. Runs fine there.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Joe2024,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to assist you with your problem with your Roku device. Please try restarting your network router. This can help clear the cache, improve internet speeds, and refresh the connection. After doing so, you can try restarting your system. Doing this can sometimes also fix the display resolution of your Roku device.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos