Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote Was Working Fine - Suddenly the Volume Control Displays the Headphone Volume Only

@CDÉC 

Appreciate the response.

Could you try to factory reset your audio? To do this, navigate to Settings > Advanced settings > Factory reset > Factory reset > Audio

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CDÉC
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote Was Working Fine - Suddenly the Volume Control Displays the Headphone Volume Only

Hi,

Yes, like i said 2 days ago, i try to reset just the audio ( with the 3 x ️ ) and i also try to reset all the tv.

I just try it right now, the two thing and i was always block on the headphone volume!!!

😞 😞 😞 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @CDÉC

Thanks for your post.

I have passed along your information and concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks again for your continued patience.

Regards,
Karla

MicheleCameron
Reel Rookie

TV stuck on HEADPHONES even thought they are not connected

I connected a Blue Tooth transmitter with wireless headphones to my TCL ROKU TV last night. It worked fine, but when I turned off the headphones, my TV would NOT USE the TV SPEAKERS. I completely disconnected the entire headphone set up from the TV, even unplugged the transmitter from the A/C source.  No sound from TV SPEAKERS, (whenever mute is pressed, TV shows headphone icon muted or unmuted)

I have already restarted TV, restarted router, FACTORY RESET TV, unplugged TV, Re-installed WiFi and Roku account as well as signed back into YouTube which is mostly what we watch. No cable services are active, we do not want them.

I tried to reply to an answer from another thread about this issue, as that person asking the question did not ever answer the tech who asked for specific information... I was unable to post my information so I am starting over... I think this is what was asked for:  TCL model:  43S403 SERIAL # YN00X7291551       SOFTWARE VERSION:  11.5.0  *  BUILD 4312-30    When I press Home 5x then Back 5x I do not get information, the TV shuts off.   

When I go to Settings menu, Audio, Audio Output, I can put a check next to TV SPEAKERS and it gets highlighted and moved to the top of the list, but once I leave that screen and return, the TV SPEAKERS option is still checked, but moved down to 3rd on the list and AUTO is HIGHLIGHTED,   and has replaced it at the Top of the list.   I have not changed any channels... I do not know what channel it is on, we do not use that feature, We just watch from what's on the home menu.

I would be grateful if someone can help us to resolve this issue.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: TV stuck on HEADPHONES even thought they are not connected

Hello @MicheleCameron

Thanks for reaching out here in Community.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks again for your continued patience and understanding.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
MicheleCameron
Reel Rookie

HI Karla,

thanks for your interest... I finally got a phone # for ROKU support and once the agent did an audio reset and understood that I had done a full-factory reset, etc. he determined that it must be a hardware issue & gave me the # for TLC Company.   The issue can be resolved by removing the audio out plug VERY SLOWLY. I don't know how this will be going forward, but at the moment the TV Speakers are working.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the update @MicheleCameron! We're glad to know it's working now!

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Happy Streaming!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MicheleCameron 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following additional information so we can better understand the issue you are experiencing:

• What is the make/model of the transmitter?
  • How is the Bluetooth transmitter connected?
  • If connected to the TV via aux, is the Bluetooth transmitter removed from the tv when you are still observing the issue?
  • Are they able to connect to another device to test if this issue is also occurring?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MicheleCameron
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your interest: The transmitter is Brookstone Model #YU-RF8131 . Connected to single audio out input on left side of TV with a standard/small size cable with light green ends.

The TV stays on Headphone output whenever I disconnect the audio cable or turn off the headphones.

The Roku agent referred me to the TV manufacturer as a hardware problem... The TV agent told me to try to disconnect the cable very slowly as it is most likely a problem with the port. If I do this, the TV will go back to using TV speakers now.  I do not have another TV to try out the headphones.

0 Kudos
MaineO
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL Roku TV - Stuck in Headphone Mode

Been waiting on a response for 3 months now. Is it possible to get any feedback

0 Kudos