Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amrutwell

TCL Roku TV Constantly Rebooting

Jump to solution

I have a brand new TCL 55" Class 5-Series 4K UHD QLED Dolby Vision HDR Roku Smart TV - 55S531 that I recently set up, and it’s having a ton of issues. I’m afraid I got a dud due to how finicky it is. The first problem was with the Wi-Fi - the tv couldn’t find easily accessible networks within close range. I ended up having to run an Ethernet connection via a Wi-Fi extender. Second, the tv constantly reboots. I’ll start streaming via Netflix, Amazon, Xfinity, etc., and it works for 5-10 minutes, but eventually the video freezes while the audio keeps playing. The menu becomes inaccessible, so the only option is a reboot. Sometimes the tv just reboots on its own, other times I have to force the reboot or unplug it.

Has anyone experienced issues like these? Is it possible that some simple setting change could help? I’ve checked for updates, factory reset the tv, and done tons of reboots. Any other ideas on how to fix these problems? Also, I have plenty of other Roku devices in my house, and all work fine, so I don’t think it’s any issue with my internet connection.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV Constantly Rebooting

Jump to solution

Hi @amrutwell,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this issue you've been having with the TCL Roku TV. We're glad to help.

One factor as to why your TCL Roku TV keeps rebooting by itself is if there's an issue with the power adapter, cord, or even power outlet. Kindly make sure everything is intact at the back of the TV. Aside from using an Ethernet connection, could you try utilizing a mobile hotspot to check if there will be a difference when accessing channels?

Additionally, If performing a hard reset on the TV by locating the reset button at the back of the TV did not resolve the issue, it could be that the issue lies internally. With that being said, we would recommend you try getting in touch with your TV manufacturer for additional help.

Let us know what you find out, and we'd be happy to assist further.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV Constantly Rebooting

Jump to solution

Hi @amrutwell,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this issue you've been having with the TCL Roku TV. We're glad to help.

One factor as to why your TCL Roku TV keeps rebooting by itself is if there's an issue with the power adapter, cord, or even power outlet. Kindly make sure everything is intact at the back of the TV. Aside from using an Ethernet connection, could you try utilizing a mobile hotspot to check if there will be a difference when accessing channels?

Additionally, If performing a hard reset on the TV by locating the reset button at the back of the TV did not resolve the issue, it could be that the issue lies internally. With that being said, we would recommend you try getting in touch with your TV manufacturer for additional help.

Let us know what you find out, and we'd be happy to assist further.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
Roblox
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV constantly reboots

Jump to solution

This is the reason why any TV can reboot itself is due to issues with cord, and all that kind of stuff. Unplug your TV.

0 Kudos