Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liam76

TCL Roku TV Can’t Connect to WiFi

I recently set up a brand new TCL Roku tv, but it won’t connect to my Wi-Fi networks. I have a 2.4GHz and 5GHz network, but the tv only sees the 5GHz network, and at either 1 or 2 bars of signal strength. When I try to connect, the tv can’t and says to reset my modem and router, then reset the tv, and try again. I’ve done that multiple times to no avail.

My networks are working fine, and multiple other devices can connect at the same location as the tv (which is about 15 ft from my access point). The tv even finds my neighbors’ networks which are likely hundreds of feet away, so it’s not like the Wi-Fi antenna is blocked.

I have multiple other Roku devices which are all connected to my networks (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz), and they really don’t have any issues.

Any ideas here? Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL Roku TV Can’t Connect to WiFi

Hi @liam76,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We can see that the Roku TV is giving you trouble because it won't connect to your Wi-Fi. We're happy to help. Please be aware that a signal strength of two bars or less indicates insufficient coverage, which will affect the connection's or data's performance. To achieve a great connection, all we can truly advise is moving the Roku TV closer to your router.

We would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos