Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbungle
Reel Rookie

TCL R635 1440p line issue

My TV works great except for one glaring issue: gaming at 1440p results in a line at the top of the screen It changes colour rapidly when moving the camera in game. No other resolutions have this issue, but 1440p is what my PC handles best. Anyone else have this issue? Is this an issue with all R635's or should I exchange?

tclissue.gif

57 REPLIES 57
Demache

Re: TCL R635 1440p line issue

I can't replicate it on my R635. Does it only do it in game? And what video card are you using and are you using the latest drivers?

0 Kudos
mrbungle
Reel Rookie

Only happens in-game when the TV recognizes it is at 1440p 120Hz (this is the info it gives when you hit the "OK" button on the remote).

RTX 2070, drivers are the latest.

0 Kudos
bobcat979
Channel Surfer

I have this same “line on top” issue with my Xbox One X when running in 1440P 120Hz.  Seems to be an issue with the TV. 

0 Kudos
RomanMtz
Reel Rookie

I just got my R635 today and have the same exact issue. Could this be fixed with software? It can get distracting.

0 Kudos
DiegoZN

55" R635 Horizontal scan lines with VRR

I have a 55" TCL R635 and tried enabling the VRR feature with my Series X but get horizontal scan lines in moving from bottom to top in game when in 4K 60. The issue does not occur in 1440p 120.

I am on firmware 9.4.2.

Please advise if this can be rectified with an update from Roku or from Microsoft.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@RomanMtz 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bobcat979
Channel Surfer

EBE1D8F1-2C77-4595-AE49-0B313DEE5C2C.jpeg

You can see it here.  It will come and go (I think what’s displayed on the screen has an effect on the brightness and contrast of the line).  It only happens in 1440P 120Hz.  Will not happen on any other resolution/refresh rate setting.  In my case I’m using an Xbox One X, but it seems there are people having the same issue with PC, PS4 Pro or any other piece of hardware that’s capable of outputting 1440P 120Hz. 

0 Kudos
RomanMtz
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the response Danny. bobcat979's picture is exactly what's happening in my case. My PC is hooked up to the TV through a 48 Gbps HDMI cable on Input 1 set on Computer and I have it set ay 1440p, 120Hz.

It seems that any color that's displaying on the bottom right corner of the screen is the color that displays on the top. So when movement happens through a scene that has a lot of color variance, that line changes rapidly and can be distracting.

0 Kudos
maxkelly01
Reel Rookie

Getting the exact same issue here when gaming on PC at 2K / 120hz

Haven't figured out a fix through adjust picture settings on TV

0 Kudos