Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simplejoyz
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL R635 1440p line issue

Minimal loss of real estate in favor of an infinitely more enjoyable gaming experience. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!

0 Kudos
Simplejoyz
Binge Watcher

For what it’s worth, the line issue was officially fixed as if the os 10 update. 

maxkelly01
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the heads-up. Strangely though, it seems like I can no longer configure my PC to run at 1440p/120hz -- only 1080p and below can run at 120hz. Anyone experiencing a similar issue?

0 Kudos
Simplejoyz
Binge Watcher

I have no problems with 1440p/120 hz (so long as vrr is off, but that is a separate issue). This is with an nvidia card. The tv shouldn’t even be able to do 1440/60hz as far as I know. What does is the hz when you choose a 1440p resolution?

Nyxx

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to fire something up to test it out! 🙂

0 Kudos
maxkelly01
Reel Rookie

@Simplejoyz wrote:

I have no problems with 1440p/120 hz (so long as vrr is off, but that is a separate issue). This is with an nvidia card. The tv shouldn’t even be able to do 1440/60hz as far as I know. What does is the hz when you choose a 1440p resolution?

Thanks for replying! Im getting 1440p / 60Hz (see image) with a GTX 3070. 

Not really sure what to do at this point... have tried adjusting settings in "Display Adapter Properties", have tried "List All Modes" to lower active signal resolution, have tried using the Nvidia Control Panel... multiple HDMI cables, multiple HDMI extension cords... 

If anyone has ideas / is experiencing a similar issue, would really appreciate it! At this point I wish I still had the line issue so I could play games at 1440p/120hz again! 

0 Kudos
Simplejoyz
Binge Watcher

I think you are letting the GPU do the scaling. If you press ok on the remote I bet you'll see the TV says it is in 4K not 1440p...

Go to 'Adjust desktop size and position' in the Nvidia control panel. Under 'Scaling' click on 'Perform scaling on: Display'. And 'No scaling' under scaling mode.

Also, while you're at it, under 'Change Resolution', change your color space to at least YCbCr 4:2:2. No sense in staying at 4:2:0 (unless your HDMI port is set to 1.4 instead of 2.0 for some reason).

0 Kudos
maxkelly01
Reel Rookie

OK, I finally figured it out. @Simplejoyz , thank you for the advice! Your suggestion to press "OK" on the remote to confirm the native resolution sent be down a rabbit hole that eventually figured out the issue. 

I needed to go into my TV settings --> TV Inputs --> Computer --> Change HDMI Mode from "Auto" to HDMI 2.0. 

"Auto" must have been at 1.4, for some reason! 

0 Kudos
Carlos650

Did you figure it out I’m having the same issue?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Carlos650

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're running into? Are you experiencing it on your Roku TV? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.